Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spacebags for Erasmus ?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey guys, i'm heading on erasmus in September and I'm just wondering has anyone or does anyone know anyone who has tried these spacebags for storage out? it was suggested to me as i'd be able to fit more stuff into my suitcase, so im just wondering if they'd be worth the investment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You may able to fit in more but I doubt it will save on weight as the mass will be around the same, the mass of the air removed is not that much and if you are traveling on a plane it is the weight restriction that gets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

You may able to fit in more but I doubt it will save on weight as the mass will be around the same, the mass of the air removed is not that much and if you are traveling on a plane it is the weight restriction that gets you.

Bingo.

There's no real advantage to them in your situation, unless you're stuck with a too small suitcase.

You may find that you can bring over enough clothes until you pop back for Christmas or something, in between semesters or whatever. Plane fare may be just as cheap as the overpriced extra baggage.

Also, I wouldn't base your clothing needs on being at home, everybody on my Erasmus seemed to have a few outfits etc, and nobody was too pushed that people kept wearing the same clothing combos when out on the town etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Leane00

yeh im not worried about the weight restrictions in place, just wondering about the actual product coz I've heard mixed reviews so I was wondering has anyone else on erasmus tried them? Really i wanna see if they stayed vaccum packed fromthe time you packed them till the time u took them out of ur suitcase as some reports suggest that they only stay flat for an hour or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Leane00 wrote: »
    yeh im not worried about the weight restrictions in place, just wondering about the actual product coz I've heard mixed reviews so I was wondering has anyone else on erasmus tried them? Really i wanna see if they stayed vaccum packed fromthe time you packed them till the time u took them out of ur suitcase as some reports suggest that they only stay flat for an hour or 2?

I used them for my Erasmus. They stayed vacuumed.

Advertisement