Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP Insurebet betting - opinions?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

( I am not trying to advertise nor am I anyways affiliated with them)

With PPowers you can bet insurebet to 2, 3 and sometimes 4 places
    depending on field size. Which means that you can back the favourite
    at maybe about 5/4, if he wins you get him at that price and if he doesn't but is in the first 2, 3 or 4 home depending on which Insurebet you make, you get your stake back.

Was checking out some well fancied horses today at haydock and Newmarket
    and at times there is very good value to be had.

just wondering what other more accomplished gamblers opinions on it are as to me it seems very worthwhile as you can back the fancied horse in the race, get a sometimes very decent return if they win and if not get your stake back meaning you've lost nothing on the race.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

panama wrote: »

just wondering what other more accomplished gamblers opinions on it are as to me it seems very worthwhile as you can back the fancied horse in the race, get a sometimes very decent return if they win and if not get your stake back meaning you've lost nothing on the race.

I suppose it is designed to take the sting out gambling for people coming to it for the first time. I suspect most long timers prefer e/w betting (as I do) because most long timers tend to look for long odds value for placing can still pay off whereas with insurabet you are playing it perhaps a bit too safe. A good option though for someone just backing faves but it is rarely worth it IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

scopper wrote: »
    I suppose it is designed to take the sting out gambling for people coming to it for the first time. I suspect most long timers prefer e/w betting (as I do) because most long timers tend to look for long odds value for placing can still pay off whereas with insurabet you are playing it perhaps a bit too safe. A good option though for someone just backing faves but it is rarely worth it IMHO.

I see what you mean. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think its an excellent idea, as is the faller insured jumps racing (not sure it applies to all races, it being summer I havn't checked recently) which is still backable e/w albeit with a point off the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Na I don't think it's every race,but I could be wrong. Good idea though.

Advertisement