Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline phone outage - Dublin Rd Drogheda area?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

I know we've got a tech forum, but thought this was more pertinent to the Louth forum.

My home phone & broadband service stopped working on Thursday morning (I'm with Vodafone). Broadband has come back today (though it's woefully slow, about 0.3MB instead of 3MB!), but phone still out of order. I've reported it so await "the telephone man"!! Have ascertained that it's not the phone instrument itself.

Just wondering if anyone else in the Dublin Rd area has had similar experience?

I wondered if it was related to the vandalism which happened in Wheaton Hall during the week (trees were uprooted, broken in two or had branches broken off all along the main rd of the estate...grrr).

Thanks for any info! Hope the broadband keeps going long enough for me to see replies!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

gipi wrote: »
    I know we've got a tech forum, but thought this was more pertinent to the Louth forum.

My home phone & broadband service stopped working on Thursday morning (I'm with Vodafone).
    I'm with Vodafone also and my phone and broadband was down all day Wednesday, it's happened a few times to me over the last few months what ever Eircom are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

With Vodafone (I don't know why I am still with them) and also in Wheaton Hall and haven't noticed any difference in phone/broadband in last few days. It's not great to start with, that's probably why.
    gipi wrote: »
    trees were uprooted, broken in two or had branches broken off all along the main rd of the estate...grrr)

It was absolutely shocking alright. Anyone know who did it? There's a number of lovely things I would love to do to the scums behind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks Positron,

Still no landline, and broadband lasts for about 15 minutes at a time, then I lose the connection and have to start again.....

Didn't hear anything about who the vandals might have been, one of the people in the residents association said that the trees appeared to have been dug up rather than pulled out of the ground, so it seems like they came prepared.....grrrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

gipi, did you get this sorted?

I have just noticed that my broadband connection has gone unstable, and on checking the speed on speedtest.net, it's showing 2.54 mbps. It used to be 1.5 something usually since I specifically got them to downgrade me to 2mpbs last month (3 mbps was giving me unstable connection - connection dropping every 15 mins sounds exactly like the issue I had here). Now it looks like that has changed - which makes me wonder if they have blanket upgraded everyone to 8 mbps - which was on the cards for Drogheda region.

Just might be worth checking with Vodafone team, and try setting to a lower speed profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

Hi positron,

Yes, got sorted, thanks - the man from eircom called to the house on Monday! Turns out it was a fault inside the house, the previous owners had run several extensions from the main box and one of those had short-circuited or something. Since I don't use the extensions (I've got cordless phones), I wasn't aware of the problem.

Although I'm supposed to have 3MB from vodafone, I've rarely got anything higher than 2.4MB, and in the last few days (after I got reconnected!) I've been getting 1.5MB or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'm in Wheaton Hall & my vodafone broadband was down all day today (just got service back 20 mins ago) Phone was ok just no BB.

CPL 593H

Advertisement