Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Model Art Gallery

Options
  • 07-08-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Visited the New Model Ary Gallery today for the first time since it opened.

Prefered it before they upgraded it.

Some comments:-
    Car Park gone and reserved for staff parking "clamping in operation"
    Coffee Shop Gone
    Downstairs gallery has been converted to staff offices.
    Permenant Yeats collection closed and a collection of other works by Jack B Yeats in one of the Gallerys.
    Overall the ammount of Gallery space seems to have been reduced.

Also access from the Mall is via stairs at the side of the building.

Don't really get the upgrade or the reason for it. I think they have ruined it.
    It used to be very pleasent to go in for a coffee on a Saturday morning anc view the current exhibits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Damn, haven't gone for a look yet but was looking forward to seeing what they've done wth the place. Not so excited anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

As far as I know the coffee shop/restaurant is meant to be opening in the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

don't ya just hate it when things get "improved" when they did'nt need it , the money could have been used better elsewhere.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes, The library should realy have been expanded, or the county museum.

For a town the size of Sligo the size devoted to the library is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bantics

i agree, I think the idea was to put the library up there but as it is they haven't actually brought in anything that wasn't there before and the new entrance is so unwelcoming, I don't see why they moved it from the front door. coffee shop is coming in september though

• Advertisement
Advertisement