Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures From Phone - Cant Edit

Options
  • 07-08-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Anybody help me out. When I transfer pictures over from my phone to computer and try editing them it says "this picture cannot be saved because of a problem with the pictures file properties" . Anyone know what this is about?

Also, is there anyway of changing the way it saves the camera pictures instead of using the date as when I put them on the computer they are all over the place as it uses the date format, for today example 07082010001.

Phone is a SE Satio

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

if you can open the picture with paint goto save as and change the type of format to jpeg,if it saves you should be able to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ill try that thanks. Cant edit in windows photo gallery. Cant find anything in the camera settings regarding either issue either :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

download gimp , it's great as a free version of paint shop , also right click on the file and click property's that will give you the file type (ie .jpeg ect) if you look search download .com for the file type converter and filter out the ones that charge you should find a few converters that will convert the files to the format you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Skip The Gimpy Gimp and go for Paint.NET is my recommendation :p
    http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Or Irfanview is also good for basic editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Picassa excellent for editing and organising photos

• Advertisement
Advertisement