Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming about Results?

• 07-08-2010 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I was just wondering... are ye having crazy dreams? Does it involve you crying your eyes out because you realise that you haven't gotten your points, or are you ecstatic that you have, against all odds, gotten the mark needed.. Just curious.. give a detail what happened in ye're dreams!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I acc had 2 dreams one that I failed ord maths and another that I got a D3 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

I hate them ones, they feel so real. I had a dream where i didn't get my points, and i couldn't repeat either! Disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

In the first dream I got 35% in chem. In the second I got Cs and Ds in everything, but got a B1 in irish. Mind you, in the second dream, I opened my results in the living room and it was christmas...and Lady Gaga was there. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Haven't had anything. I'm really not stressed. There's no point in getting worked up about it, because the only thing left to do is appeal a result. So chillax everyone :)

I really wish i had your view on the whole thing, would have made my summer alot let stressful! But alas, I do not have that frame of mind! Im constantly worrying! I just want to the whole thing to be over and done with so i know what i'm doing with my life in a months time!

(wow i needed to get that off my shoulders);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

why would you have such bad dreams - like seriously... what's the worst that could happen - have to repeat - big deal

it's not like when we get out of college there's going to be a mass demand on for us to work... chances are a good few of us will end up on the dole queue..

saying that like I still want to get my place in college obviously but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get it.. just gonna take it as it comes

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    why would you have such bad dreams - like seriously... what's the worst that could happen - have to repeat - big deal

it's not like when we get out of college there's going to be a mass demand on for us to work... chances are a good few of us will end up on the dole queue..

saying that like I still want to get my place in college obviously but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get it.. just gonna take it as it comes

very true, but i just cant help myself i suppose

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I had a dream that they ran out of points, so they gave me none :(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Haven't had a single one yet.To be honest the only time I think of the results is when I come onto boards an see all these threads:rolleyes:....don't know why but I'm really not stressed out like I thought I'd be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

I had a dream around May that I opened my cao email and my 1st choice was there. Can't remember it very well. But just last week I had a vivid dream of getting my 1st choice - balling my eyes out with happiness, jumping around etc etc.

Waking up and realising was crushing:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

I've had a recurring dream. In it, I've walked into school with my Aunt and the Principal hands me results. I open them up in front of everyone and I'm really excited. I look at them and realise that I've failed maths, am 200 points off what I need and don't even have enough for arts. My English teacher starts crying and telling me that I've ruined my life...Silly, I know, but it keeps happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

haven't been worrying too much bout the results, or so I thought! Had a horrible dream the other night where all the sixth years were sent into this big factory to get their results, except the sheet was in gibberish so I hadn't a clue what I got!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I've only had one dream, can't really remember what happened.
    Although I am getting sharp pains in my head every now and then, presumable caused by anxiety.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

I've had a dream where i'm outside calculating my results, and i get the points i want start celebrating like mad, and then realize i counted 7 subjects.:(......

Dont let this happen to you on the 18th :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

3fullback wrote: »
    I've had a dream where i'm outside calculating my results, and i get the points i want start celebrating like mad, and then realize i counted 7 subjects.:(......

Dont let this happen to you on the 18th :rolleyes:

This actually happened to my cousin - it would be such a downer if it did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My dreams about it are always negative, but even in the ones where I fail everything I don't care-except for English. Which I think reflects how upset I am about messing that up. :(

Very very very nervous and starting to dream about it more and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

a few days ago i had a dream that i had gotten six hundred points and had my photo taken for the paper and everything, only for my biology teacher(i don't even do biology:confused:) to come over and say i was handed the wrong results:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not having any crazy dreams, just dreams where I dont get my points and I wake up with that sick, empty feeling in my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

All the papers are probably corrected and all by now. God! scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

felic wrote: »
    All the papers are probably corrected and all by now. God! scary!

yup they are all corrected by the end of july normally... scary stuff:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Havn't had one in a while but the dreams where I do really well and the dreams where I fail everything make me feel bad in the morning so really not liking them at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

this is my second time so i'm not that nervous, but i don't want to open up my results till the offers... sadly my parents are having none of that.

bit of advice, on the actual day avoid the preppy ones that always get the A's cos they most likely got 590 and will be bawling their eyes out cos they missed the 600....
    also avoid the teachers cos they'll push you into opening your results in front of everyone before you're ready.

as for me i'm opening them when i'm 10mins away from school (as i did last year)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I haven't had a dream because I haven't had a decent night sleep in 2 weeks, probably something to do with the results being out next week I suppose, though I'm not one to worry about things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i already know im not getting the points i need lol
    but im like "omg i think my test is gonna be canceled" for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

Havent been sleeping properly for the last week or so tbh :(

this is more than likely to do with the impending doom which is coming my way on the 18th :eek:

But theres been no "failing" dreams as of yet! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I haven't had any dreams, but I do get these odd feelings of absolute panic where I convince myself I failed everything. Can't wit for this to end:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm not worrying about the results too much, I guess it cause as I repeat I know that worst case scenario I have last years points, which should get me my third choice. I'm more worried about the financial side of things; I had a dream last night that I didn't get the grant and they decided to bring back full fees for this year so I had to drop out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm not too stressed at the moment but when I first realised how close the results were I had a ridiculous amount of nightmares. Either I couldn't add up the points 'cause my calculator broke, or the sheet was really confusing so I didn't know how to add them up, or I failed maths or I failed everything or my results were lost or, for some bizarre reason, instead of going to school to get my results I had to go to a supermarket and look through the envelopes of every leaving cert student in Galway until I found mine.

Still a bit nervous about them but my main concern is I earlier agreed to letting my friend film me open them for a summer compilation thing she's making. I would like to have the memory on film but if I do bad it'll be a pretty awful memory....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bnm

I had a dream I got 540 but 10 marks were deducted for sloppy presentation.

Considering I'm the only one who can read my handwriting, this is a terribly prophetic dream to have :(

• Advertisement

My results dreams have changed to accomodation dreams - I am worried I won't be able to find accomodation (I applied way too late for UCD to get on-campus - I'm number 1723 for 747 places!).

I had a dream last night that I found nowhere to stay so I slept in the lecture halls in a sleeping bag, and people used to bring me food because they felt sorry for me :P

Advertisement