Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window keys

• 07-08-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

Could anyone tell me how I would get keys for the windows in my house? We moved in last December and we didnt get any. Would they be generic and how much would it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

one way of doing this is take a foto of the locks in question and email them to a few hardware places: will pm u a few places to start with: just ask them if they dont do them do they know who might: this process works well for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

You can buy replacement keys in the hardware shop, for certain window locks that some people have added themselves, but probably not if you mean a lock on the opening handle...

I wonder if the window supplier/manufacturer could help in that case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

Its the lock on the handle that I am trying to get a key for. I am guessing that the keys are not unique for each window? All my neighbors have the same windows, so I may be able to ask them for a key and get a copy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Wondering did you get any further with this..?

I found one of my keys here...
    http://www.windowhandlekeys.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Great site thanks. Or shoe repair guy told me to unscrew handle and bring it over and he will have a key to fit it, they are generic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I might try that. I'm still looking for one of mine. I'm down to one of each and now other people have started asking to borrow mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

At least you have a key. When we moved into new house there was only one key but when we tried to use it, didnt work, obviously didnt belong to our windows at all, of course builder is not around any more

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

BostonB wrote: »

I used this guy sent him my lock and he made them up for me very fast 4 keys all in about 15 squid

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

I got some new windows put in a few years back and it's the same key for each window - but the supplier still gave me a key for each vent - I now have about 15 of the same keys - what's the bets I won't be able to find any of them at some stage in the future...:D

BostonB wrote: »

Thanks just sent him a mail. Hope it works.

• Advertisement

Got them delivered the other day and they work fine. Thanks again guys

Advertisement