Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! CAN I RETURN LAMINATE FLOORING

• 07-08-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I just ordered laminate flooring on Thursday from a local contractor.
    Today (Saturday) I realised I give him the wrong order number.
    Can I get him to return them and order the laminate I want. I don't want to mess the guy around but the number I ordered are probably the least favourite in the catalogue. He will also be fitting the floor. Have I any chance! The budget is tight and I can't afford that much further expense. Ironically, it was to be a present for the wife (she hates the old carpet we have) but I know she will flip if I put down the floor I mistakenly ordered.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

larrycat wrote: »
    I just ordered laminate flooring on Thursday from a local contractor.
    Today (Saturday) I realised I give him the wrong order number.
    Can I get him to return them and order the laminate I want. I don't want to mess the guy around but the number I ordered are probably the least favourite in the catalogue. He will also be fitting the floor. Have I any chance! The budget is tight and I can't afford that much further expense. Ironically, it was to be a present for the wife (she hates the old carpet we have) but I know she will flip if I put down the floor I mistakenly ordered.

I don't think you have any rights here, you ordered it, they delivered. However if you ask and explain they may be sympathetic. But dont wait until the contractor is due to turn up to do the job or you will mess up his schedule and really lose his sympathy, sort it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Most places will accept an exchange if the packs are unopened but it's totally at their discretion. They may charge you a percentage for any costs which they incurred in getting the order for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 larrycat

Thanks for the advice. I feel a proper klutz. I know I don't have a leg
    to stand on rights wise as it's completely my fault. I don't know what I will do if they insist on me taking the order as there is no way I could put it down. I'm looking at it now and it's a dreadful green. I know the contractor well which in a way doesn't help. A lot worse things could happen but I feel a proper eejit!

Advertisement