Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Americans think the Irish are crazy and drink a lot'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lazyQuestions

nail on the head id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭seawolf145

Don't forget most of them all illegal. They should be deported.

Yeah tell it to Obama he is half Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

deman wrote: »
    Like a South African once asked me:

Why did God invent whiskey?

So the Irish would take over the world.

..did you mean that The Irish would NEVER take over the world' sorry ist already being pointed out but I canna help meself. :D

I really don't see why the american's are bitching. All the J1er's wages is usually spent in the town they stay in. If a mid size town in Ireland had 400 american students over working for the summer. They would be delighted to take the student's money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

I really don't see why the american's are bitching. All the J1er's wages is usually spent in the town they stay in. If a mid size town in Ireland had 400 american students over working for the summer. They would be delighted to take the student's money.

Yes, but if they were causing havoc we would all be the first ones to complain and label them as "typical Americans".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

seawolf145 wrote: »

Does that mean the Irish are crap at fractions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I don't think the news that this is the stereotypical view of the Irish should shock anyone.
    We pretty much revel in the reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Don't forget most of them all illegal. They should be deported.

No, most of the people of Irish descent in the US are not illegal. The estimates of the Irish illegals is < 50K.

( I think that far too high).

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Stereotypes are just that .. Not all Irish are drunks probably very few Germans are Nazi and yes im sure there are Fat stupid Americans ...but what population dont have their share of Fat and Stoopid

*Yes i do have guns under my bed* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

imagine a few of us real irish dole heads in america on spring break by god we would show them a real session
    You wouldnt be able to put the glass to your mouth you'd be gaping: when we do spring break our wimmins are topless. Its a rule

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

spaceman67 wrote: »
    After spendind some time in dublin I think OMG, Irish are not really europeans, ,you are drinking like there is no tomorrow , you are disrespectfull to your neighbours, your puke is everywhere,street of dublin are filthy ,you are noisy at night. You think this behaviour is fun and something to be proud of ? , wow impressive you got drunk in CA and people should admire you for that? go to ibiza and do that there, but you can't trash place,and if you came to work you work and have fun, but behave. Europeans know you as bunch of trashy drunks so do americans,sorry but you dont deserve no respect, and your accent SUCKS

Where you from, are u a Frog by any chance? One of the most despised people in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

When life gets you down...when your nation makes some mistakes. dont let anyone tell you that your country is crap.

Always remember this little phrase, not just in nationality matters but any bad situation! Be it a court summons, being robbed, a car accident, death of a loved one or even while you're getting mudered! Always remember:

"At least I'm not french"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

My brother is over there at the minute, and I know a lot of people who went over to Santa Barbra on the J1 and that article is basically full of ****. Everyone got a job no problem. There's no reputation or bad feelings associated with any group of Irish students in the region. Most of the Irish end up staying near some campus anyway which is supposedly a real student town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

spaceman67 wrote: »
    After spendind some time in dublin I think OMG, Irish are not really europeans, ,you are drinking like there is no tomorrow , you are disrespectfull to your neighbours, your puke is everywhere,street of dublin are filthy ,you are noisy at night. You think this behaviour is fun and something to be proud of ? , wow impressive you got drunk in CA and people should admire you for that? go to ibiza and do that there, but you can't trash place,and if you came to work you work and have fun, but behave. Europeans know you as bunch of trashy drunks so do americans,sorry but you dont deserve no respect, and your accent SUCKS
    That reminds me I need a fooking drink.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Sheeps wrote: »
    My brother is over there at the minute, and I know a lot of people who went over to Santa Barbra on the J1 and that article is basically full of ****. Everyone got a job no problem. There's no reputation or bad feelings associated with any group of Irish students in the region. Most of the Irish end up staying near some campus anyway which is supposedly a real student town.
    Psh. They're probably all too drunk to notice they're actually unemployed and wrecking the place. :rolleyes:

Yes, but if they were causing havoc we would all be the first ones to complain and label them as "typical Americans".

Meh, they be complaining about having no money as it is. Basically we love complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

All mentioned above are absolutely true. Puke and piss everywhere on the road. Thats so disgusting. The people think they are great. And when its about complaining they can won a gold medal. They complain about every little thing.

I like irony too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Arent we all crazy and drink alot?

Wagon wrote: »
    When life gets you down...when your nation makes some mistakes. dont let anyone tell you that your country is crap.

Always remember this little phrase, not just in nationality matters but any bad situation! Be it a court summons, being robbed, a car accident, death of a loved one or even while you're getting mudered! Always remember:

"At least I'm not french"

I know the feeling i am scandiavian living in Ireland lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wagon wrote: »
    But Americans are hated the world over for being fat, stupid, hypocritical, arrogant, racist (in the south at least), ignorant to the rest of the world and thinking everything they do is a god given right.
    God Damn South Americans :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

SeaFields wrote: »
    "Irish are becoming fat, stupid and trigger happy!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

karlog wrote: »
    Arent we all crazy and drink alot?

Yes, but we just don't like other people thinking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

That doesn't mean he can tolerate irish illegals in America. Oh my God plenty of irish illegals in America. They are taking up Jobs illegally and taking up American jobs too. Unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 noura

and I think you are funny and friendly a lot than others,,,:) I love you Irish people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

lol, no he's not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

SV wrote: »
    lol, no he's not.

ah he is,his great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandad's neighbour was born here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i met a few j1'ers in chicago on my travels and they told me of a story of knocking down an interior wall in a house after a dispute with a "dickhead landlord" this being told to me in another house that was ransacked with clothes, cans and **** everywhere. all cleanable in fairness, but a ****in mess to live in. oh and it was 50/50 male female too.

kids will be kids though in fairness, sure i know 28 year old irish who still act the bollix when away so J1'ers have made the headlines this time, next week it'll be the mid 20'ers in Benalmádena.

americans think we're drunks. simple as. so do canadians. but to me, they seem to drink just as much as us. if there is any age group that drinks more then their counterparts in america or canada, as far as i can see, its our elderly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

SV wrote: »
    lol, no he's not.

America is doomed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I travelled around Cali and Australia a few years ago. Met a huge amount of gobshites from Ireland. Its hard to describe the attitude that the Irish seem to get when they are out of the country. They think they can get up to all sorts of scumbaggery and if anyone pulls them up on it they'll either try to fight them, or try to pass it off as "only a bit of craic". These people may be in the minority, but they are ruining other nationalities perception of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement