If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips Cinema 21:9 TV

Options
  • 07-08-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all at Richersounds.

Just wondering what the current price for the Phillips Cinema 21:9 TV is and also what are your opinions on it.

Cheers.

Jay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

SNIP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

iMAX,

I've snipped your post above - Please see the Charter, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744,

no references to other retailers,
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

leave it to Richersounds to respond to queries,
    If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Apologies.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

No prob, we're all good.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi THere Whackball

Well I have the 56PFL9954H proudly on display in The Philips Shop.
    So the best thing to do is call in and have a look see at it and make up your mind from there - it is very impressive...

I have gotten used watching it now and frankly when you watch 2.40:1 BR discs on this particular TV it makes the same film on regular 16:9 films seem some how less involving, less contained - we have it smack bang in the middle of 7 different 16:9 TV's ranging in size from 32 to 46"

If you are looking for a center piece display for a Blu-Ray based home cinema system (and have the room for it, it's 142cm wide and is best wall mounted - it does come supplied with the wall bracket) this would make a very impressive solution.

Please feel free to bing along a couple of Blu-Ray disc of your favourite films and I'll be happy to demo the TV for you and let you loose on it with a remote control so you can have a good old play around with the settings.

I'll pm you a price on it.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.