Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle twist rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

20" 1/12 .308 Remington VTR 100 yards

123887.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

............ is a 24inch barrel with a 1:9 twist to short a barrel to stabalise 60grain plus bullets, .........

The article seems thorough and to support the ammo i and others are currently using, but i will let you know in a few days when i've tried a few different ones. I was hestitant to push anything over 55gr through the rifle thinking it was a 1:12. Will try it out now though.

With regards to the lower weight bullet. I agree that i am getting good results wih certain bullets, but not with all them and even some p**s poor results with "higher" end (price wise) bullets. I will try some higher weight ones then decide whether to stay with lower or higher weighted bullets.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

cheers ezridax i'll keep an eye out to see how you get on with it, nice grouping there tack if i was a stag in the slieve blooms i'd be makin meself scarce come sept 1st...:D

Advertisement