Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I recommend a baby photographer?

• 07-08-2010 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I want to but not sure if its against forum guidelines!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Recommend to who? As most of us on here do our own portraiture photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

PoleStar wrote: »
    I want to but not sure if its against forum guidelines!

Who would you recommend to take baby photos ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you post in the Services sticky at the top of the forum, you'll have a few people reply :)

My minds gone blank, and I can't remember any names, but there's some smashing baby photographers in here - Hope you get on well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

It was just that a photographer was recommended on here who I tried out and was most satisfied so wanted to pay my dues was all but wasn't sure if this would be against the rules and seen as advertising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Go for it. No harm in complementing someone's work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I can't recall any babies who are any good at portrait photography. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Har har :D

I thought the OP meant they just wanted to whore a friend's work ... which is also fine. far as I know there's no rule states you cannot? so long as it's not spam.

Fire away and recommend - i'd love if I did portraits for someone and they were shouting my name about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Hi well then it was moments photography at moments.ie, I think one of them is actually a member of boards.

They were recommended on here. We went for a family package. The studio session was un-rushed and myself and wife felt that they were more worried about getting all the shots they had planned of our 2 kids rather than just fitting what they could into the 2 hour session.

We were also most delighted with the prints we got. Just thought we should give some payback and recommend them as I see every so often someone looking for advice on seeking a baby photographer.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yeah, Squareballoon posts here. Stunning photos on their website, and they seem highly recommended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Some nice work on that site alright. The skin tones are normal, unlike some other places where they look bleached out and orange.

I notice that SquareBalloon is not in the Services Thread but would be welcome to place an entry there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement