Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Ireland V James Milner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    You know this for a fact cause you are in these "Premiership Circles"?

I disagree completly, if you are to take the press's word Rooney has given out about every manager, Gerrard has etc its newspapers.

When he was left out of the squad and just getting into the squad he trained extra during the summer to keep his fitness and get stronger. How is that not reacting to set backs.

That extra training followed a season in which he had been every present actually. That extra training wasn't on the back of losing his place it was an effort to keep it. And he subsequently lost his place after this hard work. As far as I know there has been no extra training this summer after he failed to hold down a regular spot. theres a difference.

And for what its worth, Ireland has been seeing psychologists in the UK since he was 17 years old and I happen to know this for a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

quite bizarre that people try to defend Ireland's character!

Apart from the rows he's had with managers down the years, you just can't ignore the Rep Ireland situation.

In all honesty what kind of an idiot would you have to be to say your granny has died when she is alive and well? And then when you are caught you say, actually it was my other granny!! Then when you're caught again you say your GF had a misacarriage - when she wasn't even pregnant! Then it was that you couldnt take the slagging from the Irish squad because you were self conscious about losing your hair!
    (and after getting his hairtransplant, he decided to shave it all off!).

Lovely footballer, and I really wish he'd reconsider international football. But the chaps a pure mentaler and that's not even debatable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Milner
    quite bizarre that people try to defend Ireland's character!

Apart from the rows he's had with managers down the years, you just can't ignore the Rep Ireland situation.

In all honesty what kind of an idiot would you have to be to say your granny has died when she is alive and well? And then when you are caught you say, actually it was my other granny!! Then when you're caught again you say your GF had a misacarriage - when she wasn't even pregnant! Then it was that you couldnt take the slagging from the Irish squad because you were self conscious about losing your hair!
    (and after getting his hairtransplant, he decided to shave it all off!).

Lovely footballer, and I really wish he'd reconsider international football. But the chaps a pure mentaler and that's not even debatable!

Yes it is. Also when did the "She wasn't even pregnant" thing come out? I haven't heard that, and googling it couldn't see anything of the sort.

Has your wife ever had a miscarraige while you were in a different country doing something you didn't want to do? Well you can't say how you would react.

Yes it is. Also when did the "She wasn't even pregnant" thing come out? I haven't heard that, and googling it couldn't see anything of the sort.

Has your wife ever had a miscarraige while you were in a different country doing something you didn't want to do? Well you can't say how you would react.

his wife didnt have a miscarriage

Milner
    Jayob10 wrote: »

Have you got a link to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

None of his grandparents died, but I'm pretty sure his girlfriend did have a miscarriage. Either way, he came out of that whole situation looking badly.

i know for a fact she did NOT have a miscarriage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

i know for a fact she did NOT have a miscarriage.

How?

Have you got a link to this?

I have to laugh, you claim not to believe everything ya read in the papers yet you take this as fact. the irony of it

Milner
    I am sorry for feeding the troll. He seems to think he works for Man City or something.

Do you believe everything you read in the papers? If you do you are a fool.... But if she didn't have a miscarriage it would have been absoloutly all over the papers, yet their is not even 1 mention of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know for a fact the Moon Landing didn't happen.

I am sorry for feeding the troll. He seems to think he works for Man City or something.

Do you believe everything you read in the papers? If you do you are a fool.... But if she didn't have a miscarriage it would have been absoloutly all over the papers, yet their is not even 1 mention of it.

Your gullible enough to believe it and you're the one going around calling people fools and trolls. FFS, grow up.

The truth of what actually happened is mind bogglingly infantile, and it does involve his GF - but she was not pregnant and she didnt have a miscarriage.

Milner
    Your gullible enough to believe it and you're the one going around calling people fools and trolls. FFS, grow up.

The truth of what actually happened is mind bogglingly infantile, and it does involve his GF - but she was not pregnant and she didnt have a miscarriage. And I could give a hoot if you can't find it on google :rolleyes:

I don't believe it that's the point... So maybe you should grow up ffs. Especially a conversation between 2 people that dosn't involve you.

So it hasn't been reported at all anywhere, you can't find links and very very few people have heard this but we should believe it cause you said it? Ok then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Milner
    If you gave me a choice for the United team, I'd pick Ireland hands down. Much more skill and guile than Milner imo.

I don't believe it that's the point... So maybe you should grow up ffs. Especially a conversation between 2 people that dosn't involve you.

So it hasn't been reported at all anywhere, you can't find links and very very few people have heard this but we should believe it cause you said it? Ok then :rolleyes:
    A private conversation between 2 people on an internet forum ? That hardly bears comment, but maybe you should check who mentioned it initially and who replied to him??

It wasnt reported because that would be a wholly unfair intrusion on her and the grannys was enough of a story to make Ireland look like the gombeen that he is.

You also won't find on google anything about the GF being pregnant prior to those games (because she wasnt), and you also won't find anything on google about what hospital the GF went to when she had the fake miscarriage (because she had no need whatsover of a hospital). She was actually babysitting his kid from a previous relationship at the time Ireland came home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

So what your saying is check with rooster.com before start stating facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Milner
    People saying that Ireland's woman definitely didn't have a miscarriage are funny.

On the balance of probabilities, considering it has since become apparent that Ireland doesn't actually want to play for his country, I could well believe that he made it up. But to claim that you know what was going on in his girl friend's womb really does take the biscuit!

Pro. F wrote: »
    But to claim that you know what was going on in his girl friend's womb really does take the biscuit!

Yeah, sure maybe she never realised herself that she was pregnant and had a miscarriage, but Dr Ste figured it out. Eventually.

Okay last post on the subject, because miscarriage is an unsavoury subject and I've had the misfortune of experience.

The GF wanted him home because she was tired of babysitting for him (the mother was away on holidays, which had been planned long in advance) and she had throught she's only have to do it for the first game (it was a 2 game internaitonal break).
    She told him to get his ass home and tell the manager whatever story needed to be told.

Bizarre but true. Hence a better cover story was needed.

The miscarriage story eventually came about after the grannygate episode. Now geniuses like Reg who love by google will not believe that, and that's fine.

A miscarriage is difficult to disprove, and of course is a perfectly justifiable reason to leave for a weekend. And I'm sure he gave himself a good kick up the jacksey for not coming up with it sooner.

But even if you don't believe me, all you have to do is sit back and think for a second. If there was really a miscarriage, why on earth would he not have said it at the beginning? The reason was he didnt think of it. People might use the excuse that it was too heartbreaking -but your granny dying isnt???

Over and out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Milner is better overall but Ireland us more creative and if we get 16.5m along with Ireland I'll be very happy.

So does that make me a fool Mr. Alan?

• Advertisement

Milner
    Yeah, sure maybe she never realised herself that she was pregnant and had a miscarriage, but Dr Ste figured it out. Eventually.

So you were talking to her then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not sure what that means.

I couldnt care less what facts people want to state.

I happen to know something thats not on google. Jayob seems to know the same thing.

People can choose to believe it or not, but I did get upset with the namecalling by Reg, when I know he's in the wrong.
    Cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Villain wrote: »
    Milner is better overall but Ireland us more creative and if we get 16.5m along with Ireland I'll be very happy.

So does that make me a fool Mr. Alan?

It makes City fools alright.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Milner
    if my club was involved, i would rather keep ireland than lash that amount of money at milner. i just dont see it with him, he is a good player, but i think he will be a flop at city.

way over priced, this would be a smashing deal for villa who will also get mcgeedy this week perhaps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Milner
    if my club was involved, i would rather keep ireland than lash that amount of money at milner. i just dont see it with him, he is a good player, but i think he will be a flop at city.

way over priced, this would be a smashing deal for villa who will also get mcgeedy this week perhaps..

McGeady is all but officially signed for Spartak according to Neil Lennon today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Milner
    Dempsey wrote: »

Just gets better and better for Villa :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just gets better and better for Villa

Amen brother.

Milner
    Dempsey wrote: »

hmmm, a mate of mine is involved behind the scenes at celtic and he is convinced that mcgeedy is not going to moscow. that could have changed today though, which is a surprise.

there is talk of a certain irish international leaving the premiership to join celtic also if celtic can free up funds and a squad place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hmmm, a mate of mine is involved behind the scenes at celtic and he is convinced that mcgeedy is not going to moscow. that could have changed today though, which is a surprise.

there is talk of a certain irish international leaving the premiership to join celtic also if celtic can free up funds and a squad place.
    Yep that would be a replacement for McGeady currently at Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Do you know who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Only noticing this thread now, are the people who selected Ireland being serious? :confused:

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Do you know who it is?

Lawrence? Or has he already gone to Celtic?

Milner
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Do you know who it is?

Liam Lawrence.

He's been lined up all summer tbh, just waiting on McGeady to pack his bags

What does he do at Celtic? :rolleyes: :pac:

Milner
    curry-muff wrote: »
    Only noticing this thread now, are the people who selected Ireland being serious? :confused:

i think the poll is more based on the prices involved. i voted for ireland as i think getting him for about half of what milner costs is better value.

any club that could get 15 million and end up with ireland, would be doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

nullzero wrote: »
    If Stephen ireland was English (Steven England anyone?) I'm sure he'd be lauded as the best young midfield player of his generation.
    Being Irish will always be a handicap for even the best of footballers.

I love how people assume that being biased is an English disease without a hint of irony in reference to Stephen Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the poll asks simply who the better player is. values etc shouldn't come into it

Milner
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    the poll asks simply who the better player is. values etc shouldn't come into it

Face it, you backed the wrong horse! :pac:

BTW, my opinion wasnt based on market value

Milner
    Mr Alan wrote: »

Simple decision it was for me, Ireland is just better.

If he was English, he would be a worth £20m plus. Given that Lescott and Milner are being sold for comedy values that has of course lost some meaning. I'd value him around £10-£15million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Simple decision it was for me, Ireland is just better.

If he was English, he would be a worth £20m plus. Given that Lescott and Milner are being sold for comedy values that has of course lost some meaning. I'd value him around £10-£15million.
    Are you a Villa fan? If you are I just can't believe what you are saying as I presume you seen Milner for the past two seasons.

I've got a brother who is a Villa nut and he was saying that the only way he would want Ireland is if they were hanging on to Milner and getting Ireland for the 9 mill or whatever they currently value him at.

And btw McGeady is hugely underrated by people on this board for some reason. Maybe its an attitude that if you play in the Scottish league you can't be any good or something. Anyways McGeady is a classy player and will prove himself wherever he ends up.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And btw McGeady is hugely underrated by people on this board for some reason. Maybe its an attitude that if you play in the Scottish league you can't be any good or something. Anyways McGeady is a classy player and will prove himself wherever he ends up.

McGeady is a decent player, but watching him for Ireland he's just not nearly clinical enough especially with the delivery of his crosses. I'd love to see him cut inside much more often and I think he'd become more effective if he did so.

Milner
    L'prof wrote: »
    McGeady is a decent player, but watching him for Ireland he's just not nearly clinical enough especially with the delivery of his crosses. I'd love to see him cut inside much more often and I think he'd become more effective if he did so.

He likes to cut inside for Celtic but I think that Ireland system is much more rigid and he's under instruction not to have any flair like the rest of Ireland's midfield.

His crossing does need to improve but his biggest problem is when he dwells on the ball, this happens most often when teams double up on him which is every SPL game, and the rest of the other team gets into a good defensive position and the opportunity to exploit is gone.

When the rare opportunity to be direct does occur for him, he is very dangerous and more often than not gets a goal or an assist. SPL teams can afford to double up on him because they have narrow (****) pitches and operate defensively against Celtic anyways. He'll get more opportunities to be direct in Russia and play better IF he can settle in Moscow.

• Advertisement

Milner
    m@cc@ wrote: »
    I love how people assume that being biased is an English disease without a hint of irony in reference to Stephen Ireland.

Bias works in both directions. The bias from Irish posters towards Irish players on this forum is usually to under value them.

m@cc@ wrote: »

+1

Bias works in both directions. The bias from Irish posters towards Irish players on this forum is usually to under value them.

And to hype some of them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Not to mention that it aint exactly a love affair between Stephen Ireland and the Irish football public.

Milner
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you a Villa fan? If you are I just can't believe what you are saying as I presume you seen Milner for the past two seasons.

I've got a brother who is a Villa nut and he was saying that the only way he would want Ireland is if they were hanging on to Milner and getting Ireland for the 9 mill or whatever they currently value him at.

I'm not a Villa fan. But I lived with a Villa fan so saw most of their games. Milner is average. Ireland is better. Milner just got hyped up as he moved into central midfield in a World Cup season.

McGeady is not a good player. He is decent in a very poor league. A league where the best player is level with Championship players. A league where the best 2 teams sign players from the Championship and League 1.

Strachan's mini SPL team has most of the best players from the SPL in the last few years and I am not sure they will get promoted to the Premiership. McGeady has made very little impact for Ireland. Unless you count dribbling down blind alleys and forgetting to cross the ball as making an impact. Same as his performances in Europe. I don't think he is good enough for the Premier League. I imagine he would do a Sean Maloney if he joined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Milner is a better player. A lot of people seem to be taking price as a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Milner is the better player but not by as much as their valuations. Plus Ireland is supposed to be a nutjob.

Christ. McGeady is an Excellent player in the SPL - not an average one.

We've all seen his shortcomings at international level and have doubts about him kicking onto a higher level but lets not ourtight lie here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Thats the one thing I hate about this forum, Milner is better than Ireland by a country mile, because he is Irish, Ireland wins this poll.

Reminds me of the time the forum claimed Given was the best keeper in the premiership :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

curry-muff wrote: »
    Thats the one thing I hate about this forum, Milner is better than Ireland by a country mile, because he is Irish, Ireland wins this poll.

Reminds me of the time the forum claimed Given was the best keeper in the premiership :rolleyes:

JOS was clearly one of the best defenders in the league that year too ;)

Advertisement