Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our proud new arrivals, lots of awwww! :D

Options
  • 07-08-2010 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

DSC00436.jpg
    DSC00437.jpg
    DSC00434.jpg
    DSC00425.jpg
    DSC00445.jpg

Proud Father Gizmo
    DSC00442.jpg

Mother Tia
    DSC00441.jpg

They were born on Tuesday and today was the first day we had them out of the cage and let them run around. Very active little things, had their eyes open just after birth and are now running around. We've the parents seperated for a week for birth control reasons, She's in heat when She gives birth, its not fair on Her putting her straight into another litter, best make her miss. We've two cages side by side so He can see them and hear their noises. The Dad fussed over them today for a little while, licking and cleaning them, the males do help out when You re-introduce Him after a week. I'll keep Ye posted and will post some pics every few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Baby Chin's ♥♥♥♥♥♥, They're so sweet. Makes me want some of my own. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LydiaMo

AWHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!

Im getting Chins this month!! Im so excited!
    Your babies are so adorable!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!! ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

These two aren't for sale I'm afraid, I'm already getting pm's, maybe some in future but we're keeping this pair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Awww, brings back memories!!! Never could have sold mine either! Takes months before they are weaned and they already have such individual personalities by that stage. I had three, lost the little one on the 2nd day, she just wasn't interested in him, She never could have coped with 3 when they started to grow so was the best thing I suppose!

Best of luck with the baby Chillas OP, Fun times ahead, they're so cute with their big heads when they're babies :)

Few pics of my lot :D

picture.php?albumid=1088&pictureid=5535

picture.php?albumid=1088&pictureid=5532

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

So cute! I'm hoping to get chinchillas in September if I have enough money :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

God it's so rare to see baby chinchillas! Well done. They are gorgeous. The very best of luck with them and thanks for the pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Very cute babies! I miss baby chins - such fun animals!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

they are so friggin cute! Pity i've a cat...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Awwwwww. Congrats.

Some more of of the kits, they're a week old today. They're really hard to get good pics of as they move and climb so fast. They've started chewing on everything, cardboard, wood, hay etc, we let them out for playtime every few days. They're 2 males, nearly sure we're calling them Zig and Zag, but that could change knowing the kids.

DSC00450.jpg
    DSC00446.jpg
    DSC00451.jpg
    DSC00464.jpg
    DSC00447.jpg

Some of Gizmo and Tia, He's delighted to be back in the cage. It was she who was goin mad to get at him which suprised us. She's back to herself now with him back and because she's allowed have dustbaths again. They really do spend all their time with each other.

DSC00459.jpg
    DSC00460.jpg
    DSC00462.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Aww, looks like they're gonna be just like their dad when they grow up.:D They get big so fast the first few months then the growth slows down a good bit. I weighed mine every day on a set of baking scales to monitor their weight gain. A bit excessive I know but after losing the little one it was the best way to check they were getting enough milk :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frankied1

I have always had a thing about chinchillas, partner, however is not so keen. We were in the petshop buying an aquarium at the weekend and there was a chinchilla in the shop. Instant love:D

To be honest i havent done much research yet, are they demanding the man in the pet shop said they are not but what do you think?

Also i live in an apartment its quite cosy, are they smelly?

frankied1 wrote: »
    I have always had a thing about chinchillas, partner, however is not so keen. We were in the petshop buying an aquarium at the weekend and there was a chinchilla in the shop. Instant love:D

To be honest i havent done much research yet, are they demanding the man in the pet shop said they are not but what do you think?

Also i live in an apartment its quite cosy, are they smelly?

Very easy to keep, although with 4 of them the cage needs to be cleaned 2-3 days, with 2 in the cage it can be weekly. Unlike other pets You can stockup on food and go away for a few days, they don't over-eat like fish, but they will mess their food so its best done daily. They don't smell if You keep the cage tidied weekly, but they will mess the floor knocking food, hay and droppings out. We've our cage in the kitchen and have noticed that they seem to come out for food when we sit down at the table for ours.

Here's a few more pics from day 16. They've getting bigger and have developed their own personalities now, the darker one (Zag) is really lively and uses the wheel lots. The other is slightly chubby but more friendly (Zig):

DSC00489.jpg
    DSC00497.jpg
    DSC00488.jpg
    DSC00485.jpg
    DSC00472.jpg
    DSC00474.jpg
    DSC00471.jpg
    DSC00480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

:DAwww so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

ah gorgeous :)