Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorilla vs lion vs ultimate fighter!

• 07-08-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

I remember seeing on tv that in california during the gold rush miners brought in entertainment in the form of fighting animals, bear vs lion was arranged and loads of other ones.

Mike tyson also asked a zookeeper could he pay him 10 grand to go in and knock out the silver back gorilla, what match ups would you like to see and who do you think would win?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Mike tyson also asked a zookeeper could he pay him 10 grand to go in and knock out the silver back gorilla, what match ups would you like to see and who do you think would win?

Not even 15 Mike Tysons could knock out a gorilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I agree but a lot of people i met seem to think he could, i wonder is there any other match ups that people know of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Jaguar V Anaconda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pauleta wrote: »
    Jaguar V Anaconda

excellent vid i dont think theres a vid of bear vs lion but the bear won nearly every time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1000 A fully grown silverback mountain gorilla would utterly destroy any human who had a go. I've watched one in a zoo in the UK rip apart a tractor tyre with his bare hands and he didnt look like he was straining himself. A mature female gorilla would do it easily enough and they're near half the size of the males. I saw one programme where a mother gorilla was drinking at a congo water hole and a lion tried to sneak up on her kid and that lion had a sore head after the attempt.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

^ Even so, a good hay-maker at the right spot might just take it down, or at least stun it, especially from Mike ;)

How cool would it be to say that you punched and knocked out a primate though. It's definitely something that's on my 'alternative' bucket list !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

messymess wrote: »
    ^ Even so, a good hay-maker at the right spot might just take it down, or at least stun it, especially from Mike ;)

nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jaguar V Anaconda

I waited for the snake to eat him :(

Jazzy wrote: »
    nope.

very true a silver back is often described as ten times the strenght of the strongest man and there extremly fast when threatened, a punch would surprise him at best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Siberian Tiger vs Honey Badger.

close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

100 chickens v ferret

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Shark v's Crocodile.

I think Tyson could take a silverback if he was trained properly. The vulnerabilities in the silverback skull would have to identified first and training tailored to exploit this. Most heavy weight boxers could punch over 1000psi. If you could target that at a softspot with the correct strategy he could be successful.

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I think Tyson could take a silverback if he was trained properly. The vulnerabilities in the silverback skull would have to identified first and training tailored to exploit this. Most heavy weight boxers could punch over 1000psi. If you could target that at a softspot with the correct strategy he could be successful.

:rolleyes:

It's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

Maybe some sort of Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Never mind silverback gorillas, a chimpanzee would rip Mike Tyson's head off.

Cougar vs Grizzly bear. The bear is far bigger and stronger than the cat however the the cat could have inflicted serious eye damage here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Never mind silverback gorillas, a chimpanzee would rip Mike Tyson's head off.

Cougar vs Grizzly bear. The bear is far bigger and stronger than the cat however the the cat could have inflicted serious eye damage here

Bear should've mangled that stupid cougar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

A chinese man versus a japanese man. no specifics before the fight on whether they have any training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I actually read an amusing/depressing argument about human v Gorilla fights in the youtube comments for a UFC match involving Kimbo Slice. An ardent proponent of Kimbo's place in the UFC world took the line of argumentation that his hero could knock out a gorilla. Even the toughest human being would be torn up like a Kleenex at a snot party by an average Chimpanzee, which are themselves several times stronger than any human, despite their stature. A Gorilla is a whole different story, and a silverback? Forget it, anyone who has seen one of these amazing beasts up close will agree that the idea of even preventing it from ripping you in half in less than 10 seconds, if it was in that way inclined, is utterly ludicrous, let alone actually entering a into a fight with it. It would literally be like a baby fighting Paul O'Connell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Bear should've mangled that stupid cougar

I was up for the cougar after seeing the little cougar-kitten. The bear was a wuss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Jaguar V Anaconda

Human beings are so weak and soft.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MrStuffins wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

It's not happening.
    Exactly. he may be forgetting that silverbacks punch each other for sport. Their skull density is off the scale compared to any human. A boxer would want to get incredibly lucky to land a punch in the exact right place with the exact force behind it and even then chances are it wouldnt knock the gorilla out and then... Well oul Mick tyson would be in at least 3 pieces. A resurrected Neanderthal would leave Mick for dead, never mind a silverback mountain gorilla.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

zuroph wrote: »
    A chinese man versus a japanese man. no specifics before the fight on whether they have any training.

And no telling the audience which is which til it's over, no-one would ever know the truth.

It would literally be like a baby fighting Paul O'Connell.

In more than one way, because if it was me fighting the Silverback there's no doubt i'd sh1t my jocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Shark v's Crocodile.

tell me your not serious........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

bertie ahern v john gormley..in a fight to the death:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How anyone with half a brain could think Mike Tyson has even a remote chance of knocking out a silverback gorilla is laughable.

The only man who could knock out a silverback is Superman, and that's only after a good nights sleep and a VERY big bowl of porridge for brekky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I actually read an amusing/depressing argument about human v Gorilla fights in the youtube comments for a UFC match involving Kimbo Slice. An ardent proponent of Kimbo's place in the UFC world took the line of argumentation that his hero could knock out a gorilla. Even the toughest human being would be torn up like a Kleenex at a snot party by an average Chimpanzee, which are themselves several times stronger than any human, despite their stature. A Gorilla is a whole different story, and a silverback? Forget it, anyone who has seen one of these amazing beasts up close will agree that the idea of even preventing it from ripping you in half in less than 10 seconds, if it was in that way inclined, is utterly ludicrous, let alone actually entering a into a fight with it. It would literally be like a baby fighting Paul O'Connell.

Well said. Ive never seen one but its on my long list of cool animals i want to see in person. I seen a orang utan in Perth zoo years ago & i have never seen a more sad, depressed creature in all my life. I felt quite sad after looking at it actually. Poor animal looked miserable.

The brother seen a silverback gorilla in a zoo in the states & he said he was nervous looking at the animal from a good safe distance across a huge boundary trench. Its neck was the same thickness as his waist. A breathtaking sight apparently.

Silverback vs tyson/ufc champ.......AAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the gorilla would use tyson as a some sort of primative tool to scratch its arse.

Look at this giant grab the little human like a rag doll.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

A human would probably break his hand if he hit the gorilla anyway. Our hands are very fragile.

In the above video, he probably had to give his bum a good wipe after that.

Gorillas are amazing, they have this reputation as a dangerous animal, when in fact they're quite peaceful. They're not going to hurt you unless they have a reason to. Although I'm sure that ranger still shít himself!! :)

Thank fúck they're vegetarians!

Guerillas are amazing, they have this reputation as a dangerous animal, when in fact they're quite peaceful. They're not going to hurt you unless they have a reason to. Although I'm sure that ranger still shít himself!! :)

Thank fúck they're vegetarians!

Well then why is it called "Guerilla Warfare"?

:pac:

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Well then why is it called "Guerilla Warfare"?

:pac:

Sorry, I've been listening to too much Rage Against the Machine lately, I wasn't thinking straight:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Chris Brown Vs Rihanna

Fight I would want to see up close and in real life is Drago Vs Rocky. Stallone created a fight that we can only dream of happening which saddens me. It had it all really, two powerhouses fighting each other combined with the cold war tensions!

In terms of animal kingdom I would be quite happy watching Caucasian Shepherd Dog Vs Grey Wolf/Timber Wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Mike Tyson is an idiot. But you know what, i'd like to see him try punching an silverback gorilla in the face, and then see the Gorilla turn on him and give him a right beating. Might knock some sense into him.

Anyway i'd like to see Tiger Vs Lion or Wolf Vs Hyena, although I'd say the wolf would win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Neither could they change a light buld.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet (Its a slow starter this one):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd pay decent money to watch Tyson punch a silverback in the face, then laugh my ass off as it pulled his limbs off carelessly and scratched itself with him. Stupid bastard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd like to fight a gorilla. That'd be a good way to go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

How about Mike Tyson with knuckle-dusters vs a chimpanzee?
    I think he could pull that off but lol with the silverback suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    How about Mike Tyson with knuckle-dusters vs a chimpanzee?
    I think he could pull that off but lol with the silverback suggestion.

I reckon he'd still have his face ripped off before he knew what was happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

D-Generate wrote: »
    Chris Brown Vs Rihanna

Fight I would want to see up close and in real life is Drago Vs Rocky. Stallone created a fight that we can only dream of happening which saddens me. It had it all really, two powerhouses fighting each other combined with the cold war tensions!

In terms of animal kingdom I would be quite happy watching Caucasian Shepherd Dog Vs Grey Wolf/Timber Wolf

Who won that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Fedor vs Gorrila. I'd say Fedor by submission in second round.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

SV wrote: »
    I reckon he'd still have his face ripped off before he knew what was happening.

Ah but c'mon, knuckle dusters on a professional heavy-weight boxer! One punch landed would stun the animal, one well placed punch would kill it.

Ah but c'mon, knuckle dusters on a professional heavy-weight boxer! One punch landed would stun the animal, one well placed punch would kill it.
    No, it wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

No it wouldn't to the first part.
    as for thinking it would kill it? lol.

People overestimate heavyweight boxers abilities methinks.
    or underestimate just how strong gorillas and chimpanzees are..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I agree. No matter how tough and heavy handed any man is, he is no match for a lot of animals out there. A gorilla would be more tickled from their strikes.

Baboons would be a more evenly matched contest, but still I would put my money on a fully grown baboon to take any man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Nah I reckon man v bear could be a match:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nope. A chimpanzee would just snap their arms like twigs, then probably proceed to break every other bone in their body in a leisurely fashion, the boxer screaming and crying until eventually they pass out, go into shock and die. A silverback gorilla would probably just pull bits of them off until they stopped making noises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement