Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox not detecting hard drive

• 07-08-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

I switched on my 360 a while ago and the game it did'nt sign into my gamertag. When i checked the dashboard it said no profiles were found and i found that it was'nt detecting the hard drive even though it's connected.

I was playing my 360 this morning and had no problems. I had'nt removed the hard drive or done anything in between then and when i just turned it on. Is my hard drive broken or could it a problem with the console itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Had this same problem myself a while back. All I did was take out the power leads, carefully disconnect the HDD and put it back in. Wasn't workin so I just forgot about it for a while.

Then I came back to it, found out it worked again, and there hasn't been a bother out of it since.

At the end of the day, its a HDD problem in my opinion, not the console.
    Nothin you can do about it really unless you wanna pay MS to fix it(and probably lose all your save data). If it works, just forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If it's only the HDD thats the problem than it's not so bad. My HDD is only the 13GB that i originally came with my 360. I've been considering getting a larger one anyway.

It's just the save game data that i've lost that i'm concerned about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

if its intermittent id back up your game saves and log ins, i wouldnt like to be losing them :eek: , ill be putting my spare 120gb drive up on adverts today if your interested ;)

projectgtr wrote: »
    if its intermittent id back up your game saves and log ins, i wouldnt like to be losing them :eek: , ill be putting my spare 120gb drive up on adverts today if your interested ;)

Does'nt look like i can. It's not reading the HDD at all anymore. I can still recover my Gamertag over xbox live i think but my game saves are effectively gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Does'nt look like i can. It's not reading the HDD at all anymore. I can still recover my Gamertag over xbox live i think but my game saves are effectively gone.

Connect the hard drive up with a transfer cable and use software like Xplorer360 to save the data to a new hard drive when you get one :)

• Advertisement

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Had this same problem myself a while back. All I did was take out the power leads, carefully disconnect the HDD and put it back in. Wasn't workin so I just forgot about it for a while.

Then I came back to it, found out it worked again, and there hasn't been a bother out of it since.

At the end of the day, its a HDD problem in my opinion, not the console.
    Nothin you can do about it really unless you wanna pay MS to fix it(and probably lose all your save data). If it works, just forget about it.

Funnily enough i turned on my Xbox again today and found that it's reading the HDD again.

I'm going to backup the data now though just in case it happens again.

I guess the connections must have been loose.

At least i don't have to fork out for a new HDD.

EDIT: I guess i spoke to sson. I turned it off and turned it on again and it isn't reading the HDD again. At least i backed up all my saves now so it's not so bad.

Advertisement