Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GROSS MISCONDUCT?? COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Again, my interpretation of gross misconduct would be assault, theft or for example representing yourself as being present in work when not there (or similar) being late is not gross misconduct.
    That doesnt cover it all but if you didnt assault anyone (or threaten it) or steal stuff, if you didnt say you were in work when you were not then its not gross misconduct to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Perhaps you overlooked post #19, which provides a legal definition of gross misconduct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pooli1986

thanks @all for their opinion. will see how it goes. i dont take that to personal i just want justice and be treated with respect as i treat others in good sentence of this word.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why not close this thread, since the other one has apparently sorted it to your satisfaction?

By the way, I wonder why the solicitor did not query the 'gross misconduct' definition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

T-Square wrote: »
    Perhaps you overlooked post #19, which provides a legal definition of gross misconduct.

In the state of Nevada...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged. Please do not create duplicate threads in future.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

oleras wrote: »
    In the state of Nevada...

u r cretinously pedantic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

T-Square Infracted.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

"basically, he works for an a$$hole, and gets paid a pittance, that is why he is carrying debt."

"He and his mother are desperately trying to be industrious, he has even bothered to learn the language. It is irrelevant to point out that it was his mothers parcel, it could have been something for him. It could have been some clothes or contact lens."

From my reading of the situation he is trying to force the employers hand into forcing him to either fire him or lay him off, the fact that he is in debt is nothing to do with the employer but to do with then fact that the OP spent more than he earned.

he and his mother can be as industious as they want as long as its in their own time. he is paid to be at his place of work at a particular time not to be off collecting parcels.

the op may well get the judgement in the EAT as the employer doesnt appear to have followed the basic steps in a discplinary procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

It would be expected that unless the OP actually did something that filled the definition of gross misconduct he should verbal and written warnings.

ERA would probably find the employer to be at fault on this, but it really does sound like the employee wasn't very interested in working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Employer may be procedurally unfair if they are using your past record which was not dealt with prior to the dismissal but there maybe a case around gross misconduct.

Does contract give examples of conduct leading to immediate dismissal?

Could your activities at work around your "other business" be demonstrated to be mis-use of company resources?

Advertisement