Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla blank page frontend and backend after upload.

Options
  • 07-08-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Im getting a blank frontend and backend (including blank source code) after uploading site from my computer.

Website was working with WAMP server.
    Uploaded site via FTP to webhost.
    Changed config file and set up mysqldatabase.
    Everything seems right.

I uploaded the site numerous times and once through .zip so its not an FTP problem.

From reading about this issue I turned on error reporting(in both config and then .htaccess) - Still nothing.

I read that it could be a module problem so I disabled all non standard modules on WAMP server and reuploaded the site. - Still nothing.

I also changed error reporting to maximum when I reuploaded the site but no error shows at all.
    I made a custom PHP info file in the websites directory and im able to access it so no problem with host.

Im at a loss here, dont know what else I can do!

Any ideas out there?

Should I uninstall all custom modules through global admin on my pc? or is the fact that they are disabled enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Have you looked at your web server error log?
    If you don't know where to find it the support staff at the hosting company will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

If its a competely blank page I'd say probably a permission issue somewhere,

Try installing Akeeba backup locally and backup your site as zip.

This will create a complete installer including your database installer for the site (setting up of database / populating it included)

unzip it in a Sub dir of your main site with a new database to test with, the install screen should present itself if everything is correct. If it works great...if not it could be your remote host is probably resetting certain file/folder permissions from your upload/upzip.

I had this happen with 2 hosting companies before and it was a pain in the arse as they denied completely an issue on their side the first few calls. The permissions in file manager ftp were showing correctly which added to the confusion !! .. grrrrrr

Advertisement