Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 4.

Options
  • 07-08-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

Smoking approx 30 years. Heavy.

Stopped impulsively via cold-turkey, while traveling through airports on Wednesday and with the hangover from hell.

Cannot believe the week I have had. Sweats, palpitations, double-vision, nightmares etc. An evil little drug :eek:

Just letting others know who are in the same situation, as reading other posts here and similar symptoms really helped.

Anyone want to buy 15 x 50gr Golden Virginia? Will show how much I was not planning this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I had a first week like that too. It made the baby crawling in the film Trainspotting like a teddybear's picnic. You're over the worst of it now though which is brilliant, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Keep it up - it does get easier and less frequent - but yeah you are right it is an evil little drug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

A week gone now. A few beers at weekend as a "challenge". All good.

The "evil" side came to fore today when I least expected it.

Carrying out a mundane watering chore which would've normally been an opportunity for a smoke, I got a vicious little craving, reminding me how "nice" they are.

Had to sit down and remind myself, that it's only the first one would be "nice". That's it............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Well done Andrea B. - you resisted!
    Keep it up and learn from what you did to resist and use it again.

Advertisement