Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool matches - best options for Dad n Kid?

• 07-08-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭

I used to go to lots of Liverpool games back in the day....my first game was as a 16yo, got the B+I over with 19 others from the school (with a Christian Brother 'minding' us :eek:)

Used the boat then for years, had great craic with the ManU and Leeds fans on the way back especially, I remember you used to see MOTD for a while before the picture deteriorated gradually as we headed further west into the Irish Sea.....

Anyway, time moved on and Ryanair made it easier (maybe not better - B+I stopped sailing to Liverpool in the 90s). So 70 quid or so got you there early in the AM and out at a decent post-hangover time on Sunday (after late and expensive drinks in Dreamers of course :P) and tickets for normal games were easy to get after 27 minutes holding on day of sale.

The last two times I've been (I used to go twice a season, at least, I didn't go AT ALL last season and went once the previous 5/6 seasons) I went on a coach with Whartons (€200 or so from memory) and it was fine as I was with a group of lads.

So - at last I come to the question - now that I have an eight year old and I'm not interested in the previously obligitory rip to Dreamers, what's the best option?

The best I can find is join as a member (x2), get tkts for say, West Ham, and get the ferry to H'Head and drive up, stay in The Devonshire (don't want to go to city centre on Sat Night), drive back Sunday via H'Head. Could do for €450 for 2 or less.

Sure beats giving cnuts like Marathon €200 a head BEFORE travel! Touts.

Any better ideas? Norfolk Ferries direct is probably better value actually, two nights on the boat instead of one in a hotel.

Anyone done this? Comments/Advice welcome!

Comments

Advertisement