Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from a level 7 IT course to a university?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I've probably posted this in the wrong forum but here goes anyway.

I'm finishing up my level 7 in Industrial and Environmental Physics in DIT this year and through a bit of information neglect I found out that DIT expect me to do an additional 2 years in the level 8 course to get the honors degree (instead of the usual 1 year).

This is a total of 5 years to get an honors degree and frankly I'm not too happy about this. I'd like to know if it is at all possible to transfer to the last year of a level 8 in a university after I have my level 7?

I know factors are involved like are the subjects similar enough in both courses, number of credits I have compared to the number I need, an entrance exam etc.

I just want to know have you heard of anyone doing this before in any college course?

Advertisement