Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comment from a girl - female opinions please

• 07-08-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there.

I'm not the best at getting with girls - not that I think they don't like me or anything, just that I never really try and am not great at taking hints that someone may want me to show some interest.

But I'm trying to get better. So, the other night I had a get together with a lot of old friends down in Cork. In the bar there were a group of girls we knew so they came over and we were all chatting away. Anyway, this new girl I never met before in the group of girls came up to me, gave me a hug, introduced herself and that. And one of the first things she said was - "you smell really nice."

Do you think this is just a typical, normal, friendly comment from a girl you have never met before - or something more? What should I have done?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Well it was definitely worth pursuing, keeping the conversation going with her... You never know...

Then again she could be just the really friendly type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Hi OP, it can be difficult to tell the difference between flirting & friendliness sometimes.

But it doesn't matter which it was, it was a conversation starter, an opening, a chance for you find out where or not she was interested.....an opportunity and you've gotta take them when the come your way.

Did she fancy you,who knows, but she didn't NOT fancy you if that makes any sense?

THB, I'm female & I don't hug people I've just been introduced too...on balance she prob was interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Some girls will notice your shoes, others will notice your hair, others will notice your aftershave/smell - especially if they've just been close enough to you to hug you. So no, it's not weird or anything - probably a sign she likes you. Take it as a compliment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

As SB said I tend not to hug new people but everyone is different!!! I only use the "you smell nice comment" when I am flirting with a guy or my closest friends so I would defo take it as a conversation starter that she was interested - follow up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Follow it up for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

One of my female friends once told me that the way a guy smells is really important and it's the most common thing that her and her friends talk about when talking about a guy.

Make of that what you will OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Heres what I would have done:

Her "you smell nice"
    You "thanks! so do you (doesnt matter if she didnt, thats irrelevant) whats that you're wearing?"
    Her "insert name of perfume here"
    You "very nice, I only wear what I have on when I go out, couldnt wear it going to work every day"
    Her (hopefully taking the hint) Where do you work?"

bam, off to the races, introduction made, banter initiated, some basic personal info divulged, go!

Advertisement