Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new xbox saving movies

• 07-08-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

hey guys i was just wondering can you save movies on to the new xbox
    360 hdd?, a friend of mine told me you could but i think he only heard it.
    and i mean from a computer or mem stick not from xbox live,
    cause i would probably get one if you could otherwise the 250gig hdd
    is pretty useless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In a word ..... NO

250 might seem like a lot but when you play the amount of games I do and have them al installed it fairly eats into the disc space, I thought 120 was enough, but my rock band / guitar hero game installs and dlc come to 30 GB alone :eek: I'm lazy about deleting old games I don't have or play any more but after doing that so I just have dlc / saves / games I still play I only have 5gb free on 120 gb

You can watch movies from a usb stick or external hard drive , and now you can install games to it and save games also, but limited to 2 devices connected at a time and 16gb of space if you are formatting for xbox installs and saves, for moves and music on externals though it's as much as you want depending on formatting and partitioning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

but im talkin bot the new xbox with the built in wifi and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

johnjoe96 wrote: »
    but im talkin bot the new xbox with the built in wifi and all that.

same deal unfortunately, only way to get music on the drive is to manually put the cd in and rip it to the drive :(

Forget dvds :(

Gammy microsoft and their stupid ways, thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

you can stream music and movies over wifi using

windows media center

zune software (olny plays music and only in wma)

vuze will transcode movies into formats the xbox can read and will stream they to the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

^^^
    Yep, thtas what I do and it works a treat.
    Use Vuze man, its deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

that's a bit sucky. I always assumed you could transfer files from a memory stick/external hdd to the xbox hdd. I go down the wireless streaming route myself. works a charm just using the plain old dashboard I find.

Didn't know vuze transcoded files, could be fairly useful. Always wondered why it showed up as a seperate wireless network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I use TVersity and it's great. Great as far as streaming goes though, I usually use 16GB of external memory on my Creative Vision M for holding movies and such, external memory is the way I think.

well i have the elite at the moment and a mac so i use connect 360 to stream
    but it would be better if it was like the playstation and could just save the movies on it,
    some billionaire should start a company and make the best of both consoles,
    now that would sell:D

Advertisement