Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use the Multicentre Gift Card immediately online?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm considering purchasing a Multicentre Gift Card. They're basically prepaid Mastercards. You can get them in Mahon Point and in participating centres.

How quickly will I be able to use it online if I load €300 on them? And can they be used anywhere, not just in those centres? That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Ed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

i don't think you can use it online since there are no personal details on the card. i might be wrong, but if not ill be getting one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

i don't think you can use it online since there are no personal details on the card. i might be wrong, but if not ill be getting one too :D

Well you can use them on the ryanair website so im assuming it will work on other websites...

Can't really tell how quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

is that for sure papa ? what a great saving on ryan air charges if so !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Well you can use them on the ryanair website so im assuming it will work on other websites...

Can't really tell how quickly though.

Do you know someone who used this exact gift card on the Ryanair website? Because you can use other Prepaid Mastercards, but they always seem to have your name on them. This one doesn't as they hand it to you at time of purchase.

I just rang Mahon Point and they told me that it couldn't be used online, but that could just be ignorance, of course.

I need it quickly so if it gets any later I'll have to come up with another solution!

Thanks,
    Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

what about a 3v card?
    https://www.3v.ie/
    its can be used anywhere you can use a visa,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

bladebrew wrote: »
    what about a 3v card?
    https://www.3v.ie/
    its can be used anywhere you can use a visa,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm actually looking to buy something at 10 o'clock tomorrow morning online, and the money just won't be in my laser card account on time. I've looked at the 3V card and it doesn't suit my timing. The Payzone Prepaid Mastercard would work perfectly if the limit wasn't €150 on the temporary loading card.

Thanks,
    Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

ed
    go to the biz section here and the drop down is consumer then bargain alerts. pre paid master cards/ ryan air . there are actually 2 threads going , but one says can be used on ryan air in the title its an older thread , the other one seems to be only a few days old.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

I don't know about the multicentrecard for definite, but I've used a Blanchardstown Centre gift card which is basically the same thing but issued by Perfectcard, several times on Ryanair and loads of other websites without any hassle at all.

The Blanch one doesn't have any personal details on it either, but the only people who seem to care about this, that I've come across, are paypal, you can't register the card with them and you can't use it on any sites that use paypal for their payment processing (because they are unable to verify address details, cos there are none). Other than that though you're laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just wondering If you got the Mahonpoint card to work online in the end Vivara?

I brought one the other day for €100 and its been rejected by Amazon and CDWOW. Really annoying as I brought it solely for online use and theres nothing I want to buy in Mahon point!

Advertisement