Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions

Options
  • 07-08-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Someone please give me clear, detailed directions from Hueston to Croker (walking if possible), and then from Croker to Red Cow via Luas.

Much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Orizio wrote: »
    Someone please give me clear, detailed directions from Hueston to Croker (walking if possible), and then from Croker to Red Cow via Luas.

Much appreciated. :)

Best grab a taxi if your going from Heuston to Croke Park. The Luas stops at Hueston you could get it as far as Abbey St and take one from there

http://maps.google.ie/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=luas+red+line&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=luas+red+line&hnear=Lucan,+Co.+Fingal&cid=0,0,10128489850226949178&ei=5OBdTObMEIPu0wSc37HMBw&ved=0CCAQnwIwAw&ll=53.354394,-6.257787&spn=0.011091,0.043945&z=15

Map might be of help, if you follow it from Abbey St to CP (top left of map)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

How long a walk is it from Hueston to Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

get the luas from heuston to connely it's then a five minute walk. Just follow the crowd. Where are you from? Some
    counties never get there so you mightn't have to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

From Heuston Station take the Luas to the City Centre (Lower Abbey Street) or take the bus 90A (which meets the trains) and get off at Eden Quay.

From Lower Abbey Street you can take the Bus 41. The bus stop is located outside the Abbey Life Centre (opposite the Peacock Theatre). The bus operates about every 15 minutes. From Lower Abbey Street, the buses take the route, Gardiner Street, Dorset Street and then Drumcondra Road.

Ask the bus driver to let you off at the Drumcondra Road bus stop nearest to Croke Park. It will be approximately a 5 minute walk from the bus stop to the Croke Park conference centre. The total journey should take approximately 30 to 40 minutes.

So I'm getting the impression walking from Hueston to Croker is a bit of a no-no? I don't mind a (very) long walk, I have plenty of time, would prefer to keep public transport and taxis to the minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Orizio wrote: »
    So I'm getting the impression walking from Hueston to Croker is a bit of a no-no? I don't mind a (very) long walk, I have plenty of time, would prefer to keep public transport and taxis to the minimum.

It's a bit of a trek alright. Get the Luas from Hueston.

http://www.luas.ie/network-map.php

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

You could walk it but its a long walk:

The route planner for a car suggests it is just over 4 KM, if you really want to walk it open up AA Route Planner, and input Heuston to Croke Park, even though it will offer you the driving route, you will be able to plan a pedastrian route from the map it offers you.

Much appreciated people, think I have it down now. ;)

Mods can feel free to lock this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No wonder we're turning into a nation of slobs.

It's less than 2.5miles so a brisk 45 minute walk, easily doable in less than an hour with consideration for traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Walk along the North Quays to Church street, left at Church Street as far as North King Street, right in to at North King Street and a straight walk via Bolton Street and Dorset Street, then right at North Circular road down to Croke park. Slightly different on googlemaps. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wolfe+Tone+Ave&daddr=Jones's+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FXsFLgMdhv-f_w%3BFVM3LgMdPpSg_w&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=53.354035,-6.269674&sspn=0.016957,0.055575&ie=UTF8&ll=53.35383,-6.272635&spn=0.016957,0.055575&z=15

• Advertisement
Advertisement