Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child benefit

• 07-08-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm EU citizen from Italy, One week in Dublin Ireland looking for a job, my two children of age 3 and 1 are living in Italy with my wife; can I apply for Child Benefit in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

mc2020 wrote: »
    I'm EU citizen from Italy, One week in Dublin Ireland looking for a job, my two children of age 3 and 1 are living in Italy with my wife; can I apply for Child Benefit in Dublin?

This has to be a troll yes if not help me god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Gustafo if you have an issue with a post report it and don't drag thread off topic

OP information on child benefit can be found here: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BirthChildrenAndFamilies/ChildRelatedPayments/Pages/cb.aspx

You must be habitually resident here to receive it, so if you have just arrived and are not working, more than likely you will not qualify for payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

No.

The children must be resident in the state to claim this benefit.

No.

The children must be resident in the state to claim this benefit.

Not necessarily, from the link mentioned above:

If you are an EU/EEA citizen or a Swiss national and work in a country covered by EU Regulations, the country you work in usually pays Child Benefit even if your family is living in another country. However, if your children are living in another EU/EEA country you should still apply for any Family Benefits you are entitled to there.

If the Family Benefit you get in the country your children are living is less than the Child Benefit payment here, your Irish Child Benefit payment will make up the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Hi, not you can't claim until you have started working in Ireland, Your children can stay in Italy, but you can't come here and apply for Child Benefit if you have never contributed in the 1st place. (Its not that easy) Do you think the Italian government would give me a cheque if I landed there tomorrow?

Advertisement