Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boogaloo Burger

Options
  • 07-08-2010 11:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Always on the search for a good burger ive yet to try this particular place.
    Has anyone been there and what is it like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

It's a good spot, better than Mustard in my opinion, the Lamb burgers are unreal. Free WiFi. A bit expensive though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Mr Keek wrote: »
    It's a good spot, better than Mustard in my opinion, the Lamb burgers are unreal. Free WiFi. A bit expensive though.

Ive never had a lamb burger and i love lamb, must try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ive never had a lamb burger and i love lamb, must try this.

Yeah, they're not baaaaad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah, they're not baaaaad

Get out. Get out now. :o

Boogaloo Burger is lovely. Really nice burgers, definitely didn't need the side of chips and I was schtarvin' when I went in. It is seriously pricey though. Even if it does fill you up, it's still just a burger.

And I was tempted to try the lamb burger, usually love them. But I thought I should give their beef burger a go on the first visit!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Great place, nice staff, and lovely burgers. Shame about the pricing though, way too expensive for a burger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Where is this place?:confused:

Vodkat wrote: »
    Where is this place?:confused:

If you go through and out the back of the eyre square shopping center, its on the right. Or! Heading down shop street, take a left at AIB (lynchs castle).

Pretty sure thats where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

It's fairly expensive, but it is lovely, with loads of choice on what type of burger/bread/topping to get.
    I starved myself for the whole day before going for a burger and sweet potato fries there, and I damn near couldn't walk after! :pac: So you get a good feed, even if it is a little on the expensive side.
    Definitey better than mustard IMO, every time I got chips or wedges from there, they were cold :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

How expensive are we talkin here ?
    Where exactly is this place ?:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's on lower abbeygate street, between the Gourmet Tart Co. and Yankee candle shop. I don't accurately remember the price of their cheapest burger but I believe it was about 16euro (hopefully someone else can clarify this)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I think their cheapest burger is about €12 for a basic one. More 'exotic' ones start from about €14 and go upwards. All the sides are extra. They have a lunchtime special sometimes but it's only on the basic burger, if you want something more you have to pay full menu price. It's nice, but extremely expensive; at the end of the day it's still a burger. They seem to be doing well there tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mactard wrote: »
    It's on lower abbeygate street, between the Gourmet Tart Co. and Yankee candle shop.

Very close to Yankee Candles, and before Book Exchange. Across the road and down a bit from Gourmet Tart though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

FUtoo wrote: »
    I think their cheapest burger is about €12 for a basic one. More 'exotic' ones start from about €14 and go upwards. All the sides are extra. They have a lunchtime special sometimes but it's only on the basic burger, if you want something more you have to pay full menu price. It's nice, but extremely expensive; at the end of the day it's still a burger. They seem to be doing well there tho.

Did they put up the prices recently or something? I don't remember it being more than a tenner for a burger, which was still expensive. Mustard sucks imo, poor service and mediocre food at too high a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Was there a few weeks ago. Had a chicken burger, it was delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

They do student discount part of the week and sometimes they have a €10 option which is a burger and a beer which isn't too bad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Did they put up the prices recently or something? I don't remember it being more than a tenner for a burger, which was still expensive. Mustard sucks imo, poor service and mediocre food at too high a price.

Which is a pity because they have lovely location (service was fine though), but Mediterranean salad i ordered was disaster! ( pile of lettuce with dry hummus on the top and maybe two pieces of olive and tomatoe)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

The €10 burger and beer from boogaloo is a pretty good deal and their burgers are large and tasty.

Gonna have to defend mustard as I eat there quite a bit. Have only ever encountered friendly, efficient service and their student and lunch specials are excellent value. Oh, and the food is great too with a nice choice of beers!

My only gripe with the place is they changed their menu a few months ago which now means no more lamb burgers or potato skin pizza :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

14 euro burger? It better come with black caviar on top for that kind of money.

4709344226_0d0f126436.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Went there when they first opened. Got the veggie option which was roasted veg on a bun pretty much. Haven't gone back since...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I just get the bacon and avocado burger without the bun for a euro less (seriously not necessary). I'm full for hours and hours for 9euro, which when you think that you're normally hungry an hour after miccie d's. Deliciousness.

• Advertisement

yer man! wrote: »
    They do student discount part of the week and sometimes they have a €10 option which is a burger and a beer which isn't too bad really.
    AFAIK its only 1 or 2 particular burgers that are in that deal, ie. their cheapest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We got a barbecue "box" from them in June. 10 burgers, crispy buns, heaps of salad and so many toppings and sauces for €50. They were gorgeous. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lou cypher

Jaysus, my mouth is watering now. Gotta check this place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

dantbyhid wrote: »
    Went there when they first opened. Got the veggie option which was roasted veg on a bun pretty much. Haven't gone back since...

You went to a Burger Bar and didn't like their Veggie option ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

They don't do the beer and burger for €10 anymore, i went in and asked yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Same as. Seeing as they charge pretty much the same for the veggie 'burger' option as they do for the big hefty meat burgers you'd expect them to put at least a bit of effort into it. The cost and effort they put into the ingredients is minimal but the price is huge. It's very easy to make a big filling patty style veggie burger with mashed chickpeas/beans. Roasting a bit of pepper and courgette doesn't constitute a burger. I wanted to complain to the manager at the time but they were mad busy.

The meat burgers do look decent though, as they should be for the price. Hopefully they'll take that roast veg 'burger' off the menu and try and make a proper veggie burger. I might give it another go then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

You went to a Burger Bar and didn't like their Veggie option ? :pac:

well considering how easy it is to do a fairly decent veggie burger (eddie rockets is fairy decent, Mustard also do a nice falafal burger) its fairly insulting to stuff a some roast veg into a bun and charge nearly the same prices as a meat burger.. either do a proper veggie burger or dont bother at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

lou cypher wrote: »
    Jaysus, my mouth is watering now. Gotta check this place out.
    Likewise... Somebody take a pic of one of these fine burgers just to seal the deal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Mustard, they talk a good meal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bit off topic but funny- I remember when Supermacs opened first their 'Vegetarian Burger' was a bun with sauce, onion, lettuce, slice of cheese and a pineapple ring from a tin cos it fitted in the bun lol. Strangly enough it tasted lovely (and only cost 50p as opposed to the murder burger which was 80p) Bit like the Roches Veg Pizza which included chunks of orange as a topping.

Advertisement