Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boogaloo Burger

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bit off topic but funny- I remember when Supermacs opened first their 'Vegetarian Burger' was a bun with sauce, onion, lettuce, slice of cheese and a pineapple ring from a tin cos it fitted in the bun lol. Strangly enough it tasted lovely (and only cost 50p as opposed to the murder burger which was 80p) Bit like the Roches Veg Pizza which included chunks of orange as a topping.

Murder Burger sounds really appealing to me! Do Boogaloo sell it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Strangly enough it tasted lovely (and only cost 50p as opposed to the murder burger which was 80p) Bit like the Roches Veg Pizza which included chunks of orange as a topping.

They're murdering animals now? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Well Ive never heard of an animal asking for euthanasina so I suppose so. But as I said my post was off topic so lets not go off off topic. Back to Boogaloo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Went to Boogaloo for the first time there the other week. Was expecting great things but was very disappointed.

Took ages waiting for the food - about 15 minutes at least. We had ordered drinks which came straight away and of course they were long gone by the time the food came. Which was then so greasy it ruined our hands and was pretty messy to eat. Seriously - oil everywhere! Not sure if the lettuce they put in the burgers has dressing on them or what the hell was going on.

My friend ordered a burger in Naan bread thinking it'd be a better alternative to the buns. Don't bother - the Naan bread was so stiff the whole thing was a nightmare to hold and eat.

Very dark and dreary inside (why on earth paint a little place like that in dark colours?) and rather uncomfortable seating.

And the burgers were well, just ordinary tasting burgers! Costing 10 euro each! Really didn't think much of it and wouldn't bother again, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

rather uncomfortable seating

Like being in mass I thought, :D When I went in there I was waiting ages too and my beer was long gone. Was empty in there at the time so I was dissapointed the service wasn,t quicker. Mind you there is an almost identical place in waterford and the waiting time is ages also so maybe its hand in hand with homemade burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

They are big burgers so they'll take a while to cook. And with that much meat a burgers going to be somewhat greasy even if it was dry fried. Understand the complaints though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Yeah, they do take ages.. I find myself being enraged by the time my burger comes, which quickly turns to emotions of mmmmm..om nom nom..

Seating is annoying too, we ended up sitting beside these two aul' fellas who stumbled in pissed during race week. They were highly indignant about not being able to get a cup of tea, much to the delight of the busy waitress.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

Scottys burger are fairly decent but they are seiously over priced.

what does a burger go for in boogaloo? there newhere between 12-16 euro in scottys and come with a small chips which by the way are small.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Can't believe there are places charging 12 euro for a burger. You can get 4 courses in Thai Garden on their Early Bird menu for 17.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

trio wrote: »
    Very dark and dreary inside (why on earth paint a little place like that in dark colours?) and rather uncomfortable seating.

Yeah, it's depressing inside. That street is dark as it is, the fact that it's dark green in there really doesn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

boogaloo are expensive hipster burgers - scottys for the win

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

boogaloo are expensive hipster burgers - scottys for the win

and scottys are just regular expensive burgers is it? ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I don't understand why a burger is such a looked-down-upon foodstuff. All this "it's just a burger" stuff. Some of the most delicious and memorable meals I've had in my life were burgers. A good burger can be like manna.

Advertisement