Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purchasing Advice

• 08-08-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi

When it comes to cameras I'm fairly clueless at the moment I have a Sony Cyber-Shot but I'm looking to upgrade and get something a bit more exciting as I really want to get into photography. Unfortunately I don't know what to get.

Ive read the threads on and looked up the Sony nex-5/nex-3 range and the feed back seems pretty positive. Do people reckon this would be a good buy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 panorton

I only stopped using film two years ago when I bought a 20d Canon. I'm too much of a traditionalist to change again so soon but if you're not used to a DSLR I'd say you'd use it no bother. I don't really see the point though, you'll looose the compact advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mullaned

I just upgraded from a point and shoot to the nex-5 and the difference in quality is just amazing. Its simple to use, the menu is very point and shoot-ish so its good for an upgrader but might annoy someone who has a better idea of what the setting are. The shots are amazing, the panorama is so cool. Very pleased with it. Got it in the camera center on grafton st with the dual lens kit for €780.

Advertisement