Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre balancing

• 08-08-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

sorry folks, I don't know much about my car apart from how many cans of back to black it consumes in a month!

I assume when you get a tyre put on at a tyre place they automatically balance the wheel too?

I took my 00 fiesta (nothing to write home about but in good nick) into some fast fit sort of place on friday, because it was in the right place at the right time and never asked...

and staying with balancing.... if you have alloys are they supposed to put the balancing waights in the INSIDE of the wheel as stickers rather than on the rim so as not to ruin the look of the alloys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

They might need to put some on the inside and some on the outside as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Merch wrote: »
    why?

If there is heavy spots on both sides of the wheel it will be necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lsome of my cars are fussy on wheel balancing and only one place near me does it well

togher tyres in castlebar

ive had tyres on from three otherv places supposedly pros nearby and after 70 mhp you can feel a slight shudder

toghers balance inside and out and say that even though its not "fashionable" it is correct to balance inertial forces

you can feel the difference

i collect cars and bikes new classic and vintage and i'm fussy as f%^&*^ about tracking and balancing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭sundodger5

it may not be necessary to put weights on the outside, and with alloys sometimes it is not possible.
    however there are 2 types of balancing static and dynamic.
    with static you balance the wheels in one plane (weights in one place i.e just on the inside)
    with dynamic you balance in 2 planes. the balancing machine can be set to have both planes on the inside of the wheel (one close, or on, the inner lip. the other as close as possible to the outer lip. usually just inside the spoke of the wheel)
    this is why tigger has success in some places and not in others.
    it is a lot easier and faster to do dynamic that is why it is tried that way first a guy who knows what he is doing will try dynamic if a customer comes back when static has failed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement