Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graffiti fun

• 08-08-2010 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I have been bus with photography work lately annd I find every once ina while my inspiration waivers so I need to get out and do something that interests me, that I want to do.

I do lean towards a more edgy style so after zarabara mentioned the location I knew I had to go there, Windmill Lane, I also visited Bernard Shaws pub for some pics. I am very greatful to an extremely talented make up artist who helped me out on short notice and did a great job on the girls.

On the night I had a slight equipment failure, one of my receivers for my flashes wouldnt fire, I was intending on going for some harsh shadows on my planned shots anyway but I did want to have both sides lit up, just one with less light, unfortunately when I did go for off camera I could only use the one flash but sure I got what I wanted and thought I'd share.

I should also apologise in advance for the big dirty watermakr, so sorry:o

40632_1517955038804_1532348992_2076657_2565986_n.jpg

40174_1517957278860_1532348992_2076682_4196932_n.jpg

40361_1517957998878_1532348992_2076690_3071963_n.jpg

39771_1517959238909_1532348992_2076706_4094609_n.jpg

39192_1517960958952_1532348992_2076720_6084272_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

I think the graffiti background thing is anything but edgy to be honest - it's done to death and seemingly never that well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, but when I say I lean towards the more edgy side of things I also mean in the post processing, lighting, sharp shadows etc along with makeup hair and clothes, not only the locations. Obviously I will not put all of the pictures up here but there are many that represent the ideas that I was going for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I realise you were down a light but for some of the shots the model blends into the background, needs a bit of separation but as you said down a light doesnt help.

Very true Keith, had I arranged the shoot better I would have ensured beforehand that all the equipment was working but it still wasnt 100% going ahead until the day off, ah sure these things happen.

I was happy enough with them anyway and they did get me interested again. I find sometimes when doing repetitve stuff your inspiration can do a runner so going out and doing something with no pressure and just a bit of enjoyment gets me going again. I actually took another trip down to Windmill Lane today too so just going through those now. Daytime shots dont quite have as much of a bang as the night time ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buckz

This is completely not my thing- yet I think the last shot is fantastic- the grafiti and reflections are great and the is just right. I don't really think another light was all that important...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Yeah the last one is the right look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

love the last one - interesting, shadows and all.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The last one looks well.

Thanks guys, theres a fair few siilar to the last but I wanted to show you guys a variety of images from the day as I had a fair few by the tie I finished editing, about 70 or more so this is just a snippet. If anyone wants to llok the rest are on my facebook account.

Advertisement