Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do gladioli flower more than once in a season?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

I cut some gladioli just there to make some cut flowers for house-will the plants i cut grow new flower stems this season or will i have to wait for new growth next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, they only flower once. In fact mine haven't flowered once yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

Don't forget to take them up out of the ground before the frost gets them and keep them somewhere dry.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Don't forget to take them up out of the ground before the frost gets them and keep them somewhere dry.

I don't lift mine, the frost dosen't bother some types of gladiolia depends on when they flower. The wet weather can cause some losses from rot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i have a poor mans rose budding at the moment, also a wisteria starting to flower in parts.

flutered wrote: »
    i have a poor mans rose budding at the moment, also a wisteria starting to flower in parts.

Never heard of a poor man's rose, what is it?

Ok, just checked, its rose geranium :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

some pics of my poor mans rose, i really loke the small yellow flowers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my gladioli just flowered today :)

i have never lifted mine in fact the previous owners planted them:) :)

flutered wrote: »
    some pics of my poor mans rose, i really loke the small yellow flowers.

That looks like a Kerria Japonica, I've never heard it called poor man's rose though. Its a nice plant, I agree with you about the little yellow flowers, they're very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheFatMan

Thats a double petaled Kerria Japonica. Theres a single version of this 2.
    Propogates very easily

Advertisement