Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bass Multi Effects

• 08-08-2010 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering what people on here consider to be the best Multi FX units for Bass?
    I play rock, metal, blues etc.
    Wondering if you can go straight to the mixing desk or PA with some units?
    Skint at the moment but I might see what I can snap up secondhand
    So what ones would y'all reccommend. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

howya lad, at the minute i'm using this live, signal split going into a powered monitor and the desk. sounds unbelievable but the downside is you need a laptop to control it. i can live with that though, hence all my bass pedals for sale on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I have a Bass Pod XT Live. Some nice sounds and it can go straight into a desk. You can download tones off Line 6's website too for famous bassists or songs. There's a lot in it and it takes a lot of setting up. To be perfectly honest though, I rarely use it as I have an EHX Bass Big Muff and Soul Preacher that do 95% of what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

howya lad, at the minute i'm using this live, signal split going into a powered monitor and the desk. sounds unbelievable but the downside is you need a laptop to control it. i can live with that though, hence all my bass pedals for sale on adverts

That looks cool alright. Why do you need the laptop though? Is the unit not programmable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

That looks cool alright. Why do you need the laptop though? Is the unit not programmable?

no, its more or less a midi/usb controller for the software. multifx like the pod x3 live have processors on board which means you dont have to have an external processor (laptop). i dont mind setting up the extra few bits as i'm happy with the sound, plus its a fraction of the weight of my real bass rig.

have a look on adverts.ie for either a pod x3 live or an pod xt live with the bass amps package.... theres an xt live here going handy enough, downloading the upgrade for the bass packages doesnt cost a bomb either. if i remember correctly its around $49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'd be more into a floor multi fx without too much programming if thats possible, but I'll try plenty of stuff and never say never.

• Advertisement
Advertisement