Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Moderators

• 08-08-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

Forming the team, I'd like to say thanks to el tonto, Captain Havoc, Gavin and Beasty who have been persuaded by the glamour and promise of an extra .1W/KG.

There are a few more moves to be confirmed shortly, but I wanted to get it started.

Comments

Of course, they all have lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

... sexists :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

... sexists :(

banned :)

only joking

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Congrats guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Good choices and congrats to our new overlords.....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Good choices and congrats to our new overlords.....
    Many thanks, my new lead-out man:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Many thanks, my new lead-out man:D

Sorry am already the Lion of Fingal's bitch ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Can one of the new overlords confirm or deny that any mention of leg hair is now deemed a bannable offence.;)

Well done folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Congrats guys! I'm pretty much just a lurker but even I can see how much you all contribute! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

congrats guys, fair dues to all of you, well deserved!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Good choices and well done to all.

Although I can see Beasty zipping by me at Blake's Cross, looknig me up and down and saying "black socks!!!!! One week ban!":)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jawgap wrote: »

Although I can see Beasty zipping by me at Blake's Cross, looknig me up and down and saying "black socks!!!!! One week ban!":)

I think one of the ideas when appointing the new mods was to add some variety - I am the nominal "Fred" and black socks and hairy legs are definitely now allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I am the nominal "Fred" and black socks and hairy legs are definitely now allowed

Unless I'm mistaken, 3/4 of the new mods have hairy legs.

How was this allowed to happen?

I'm heading over to Havoc's workplace with a razor, right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I think one of the ideas when appointing the new mods was to add some variety - I am the nominal "Fred" and black socks and hairy legs are definitely now allowed.......for now[/QUOTE]

FYP

..........don't forget - "power corrupts":)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Thanks all. Although I'm not sure if you'd be congratulating us all if you saw how long it takes to read the mod manual. Already I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into.;)

Any further questions about the new moderating regime ought to be answered by this short, instructional video:

el tonto wrote: »
    Thanks all. Although I'm not sure if you'd be congratulating us all if you saw how long it takes to read the mod manual.

You actually read that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

There's a manual !?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

Good to see someone from outside the pale to look after us country brothers.
    Good to see an auld fella to look aftet the interests of curmudgeonly middleaged blokes.
    Good to see that fake tan and leg shaving will now be taken seriously.
    Good (I think) that the truffle hunters get some more representation.

Best of luck. May your reign be interesting and full of surprise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Captain Havocs list of new banning offences.

1. Not protecting a Mod at any race, sportive, spin or commute. Mods are not expected to be at the front of a pack unless it is for photo opportunites.
    2. Talking about shaving and/or waxing products, there's a ladies lounge for that sort of thing.
    3. Not sharing your cake with a Mod.
    4. I've just been told I can't do number four as there'd be nobody left here to post, so I guess all Planet-X owners are safe for now.
    5. Mentioning the word which must not be mentioned.
    6. Anyone serving a doping ban will also be banned from the forum until their doping ban is up.
    7. Taking the name of Cipollini or Voigt in vain.
    8. Wearing black socks, due to the number of instances he's been found guilty of, Lance Armstrong is permabanned.

YOU WILL RESPECT OUR AUTHORITAH!!!!!!

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Russman

Best wishes to the new mods, hopefully your reign will be a long and peaceful one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

By a happy coincidence, not only are these lads the soundest Boardsies, they're also the best looking. Great choices all round.

What's that? I've got something on my nose? What colour is it?

Jawgap wrote: »

..........don't forget - "power corrupts":)

A few backhanders would help us along the way also ....

Thanks for all the good wishes guys - Now I've got to find time to polish the banstick, as well as bikes ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'm looking at buying a new bike and haven't cycled in 20 years. Any advice?

Well done on your new roles fellas, nice and democratic I see ;)

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a new bike and haven't cycled in 20 years. Any advice?
    Get yourself a motorbike ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Check

Not just any old motorbike will please Beasty.

It will need to look like this...
    80424295-798-75-280-75.jpg

And strangely enough here's a picture of Beasty on his motorbike.....
    newport_derny_01.jpg

Not just any old motorbike will please Beasty.

It will need to look like this...
    80424295-798-75-280-75.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    By a happy coincidence, not only are these lads the soundest Boardsies, they're also the best looking.!!!

What's that? I've got something on my nose?....
    pinocchio1.gif
    FYP :)

Congrats guys. Glad to see the vets are being represented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beachrunner

welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

welcome!

same to you :)

Thanks to the new mods for kindly taking up the reins.

Have fun!

a5i7t1.jpg

^^ woohoo, I'm free!

Lumen wrote: »

Have fun!

a5i7t1.jpg

^^ woohoo, I'm free!

Thanks for all the time and effort Lumen. It was much appreciated.

Now back to the quest to break the hour for a 25....

Have fun!

a5i7t1.jpg

^^ woohoo, I'm free!

Our leading light extinguished:(

Thanks for all the hard work Lumen - it's been greatly appreciated

Hopefully you will still be illuminating our little world with your thoughts, insights and advice
    Now guys, who's going to be the first one to infract him:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Many thanks Lumen for all the work you've put into the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

All hail the new regime! Let the purges commence (I know photshop btw).

And thanks to Lumen for his work in the past. Hopefully you'll manage to maintain your wry wit now that you're little people just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

He's one of us now, when he tries to teach someone manners, his powerless self will get his ass kicked. I feel as sad as when I first saw this:

Thanks Lumen!

EDIT: As for the new guys, I'm reminded of this, because it's on TV now and it's hilarious:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Reckon Beasty is on a mission to take over Boards. First a mod in NCD now in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Have fun!

a5i7t1.jpg

^^ woohoo, I'm free!

Now we can discuss compacts with 27s on the back properly without fear of bannings :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tunney wrote: »
    Now we can discuss compacts with 27s on the back properly without fear of bannings :)

Not just yet, it'd be like flaunting a new girlfriend in front of one you chucked the day before.

It may be fun but it just ain't cool.

Bye Lumen

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    Reckon Beasty is on a mission to take over Boards. First a mod in NCD now in here.
    The powers that be identified a couple of cohorts from the Balrothery area who frequent the cycling forum and need "special" supervision to try and keep them on the straight and narrow.

The message came on a self destructing tape ... "your mission, should you choose to accept it ....."

Mission bleedin' Impossible, that's what I call it ...

Advertisement