Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 Feedback

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    agreed, its the only part that dragged. playoffs should be single elim and not groups imo

I'd agree on this, more for pure expediency than anything.

Or red's solution if viable (as people in the knock out group become known they start their fights straight away).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Red350 wrote: »
    The problem was that we waited until all the groups were finished before even starting the playoff group. There's always one or two groups that take a bit longer than others to finish, and during this time the other players in the playoff group can get their matches out of the way.

or maybe you shouldnt come 3rd in your group ;)

nah jkn, red solution is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dunno what happened with the table getting knocked over but is there anything you could do to make them more solid?
    I know nothing got broken but what would happen if something did? I know id be fairly pissed of if I had something there and it was broken, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Bush80 wrote: »
    I know nothing got broken but what would happen if something did?
    My SSFIV disk was an unfortunate casuality I'm afraid. At least now I finally get to put that PS3 copy and PS3 stick I won to good use until I pick up a new 360 copy or get my current one fixed.=)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If groups were best-of-1 game, I'd never have made it through.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    My SSFIV disk was an unfortunate casuality I'm afraid. At least now I finally get to put that PS3 copy and PS3 stick I won to good use until I pick up a new 360 copy or get my current one fixed.=)

If you can get the game on to the hard drive the disc might be still good enough to read and play off the hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I dunno what happened with the table getting knocked over but is there anything you could do to make them more solid?
    I know nothing got broken but what would happen if something did? I know id be fairly pissed of if I had something there and it was broken, lol

There were latches on the underside of the tables that werent locked out, I locked them after the 'incident'. But at least we'll know the next time :o:rolleyes:

that happened because the table was dragged with the contents on it,
    me and speedy were safely removing the contents first when some one hesitated and immediately opted for the lazy way out ;)

If you can get the game on to the hard drive the disc might be still good enough to read and play off the hard drive?
    I'm still waiting to get my hands on my other 360 so I can check that.
    The 360 I brought with me was also damaged in the fall, but it was basically in bits to begin with so I was happy to see it Red Ring finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I heard Farz had a hissy fit and flipped the table up in a sulk when he lost.
    True story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If it hasn't already been suggested, Sairus should get his replacement SSFIV disk paid for, it's only 25 Quid but i think it's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Red350 wrote: »
    The problem was that we waited until all the groups were finished before even starting the playoff group. There's always one or two groups that take a bit longer than others to finish, and during this time the other players in the playoff group can get their matches out of the way.

That wouldn't have really helped. All that would mean is that instead of all players playing at once, the play off group would have been fractured and simply waiting for one person to finish all their games. It would have made a minimal difference of about 5 minutes, which was the time lost while we had two players waiting for the other games to finish.

Everyone played all at once so the group was as quick as it could have been. Also above we had complaint about the fractured nature of the event as is. Organisationally I prefered to finish all groups so that I could start to organise brackets while the play off group was played, which saved us some time overall.
    Hopefully if can get numbers up again this will be a moot point.

Fractured post but all valid. Oh and main groups will not go back to one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The format is fine in my eyes. I would leave the playoff group the way it is. It's good that people have another good shot of getting through.

Starting it straight away even if a group isn't finished would seem like a good idea.

If it hasn't already been suggested, Sairus should get his replacement SSFIV disk paid for, it's only 25 Quid but i think it's fair.

It works grand on an install, so dont worry your wee heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Orim wrote: »
    That wouldn't have really helped. All that would mean is that instead of all players playing at once, the play off group would have been fractured and simply waiting for one person to finish all their games. It would have made a minimal difference of about 5 minutes, which was the time lost while we had two players waiting for the other games to finish.

Good point, maybe a playoff bracket would be a better option?

Right so it's been more or less a week unless anyone has any issues I am going to suggest the following :

1) Back to Space 54. Good venue, worked out, try it once more to see how it goes and then work towards a block booking for discounts.

2) We buy this monitor : http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/product_...oducts_id=3141
    18.5" isn't that small, it's not 4:3 and it seems good for lag.

3) I'm also going to suggest we purchase at lease one or two of the following PS3 to VGA cables. http://www.mayflash.com/vgabox/vga004/vga004.htm

4) Printing. I want to start looking for print quotes. I'm thinking 5 A3 prints and 20 A4. Too much, too little? Does anyone want an A3 for themselves or are they willing to buy used ones?

Right so it's been more or less a week unless anyone has any issues I am going to suggest the following :

1) Back to Space 54. Good venue, worked out, try it once more to see how it goes and then work towards a block booking for discounts.

3) I'm also going to suggest we purchase at lease one or two of the following PS3 to VGA cables. http://www.mayflash.com/vgabox/vga004/vga004.htm

4) Printing. I want to start looking for print quotes. I'm thinking 5 A3 prints and 20 A4. Too much, too little? Does anyone want an A3 for themselves or are they willing to buy used ones?

i agree with all of this.

Also I'd love an A3. i'll pay. Or a used one. Whichever is better for Inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Yes to Space 54, that was a great place to host Inferno.

That link isnt working for me, but I dont mind what I play on anyway, my group had the world's smallest 4:3 monitor to play on, and I never notice lag.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Yes to Space 54, that was a great place to host Inferno.

That link isnt working for me, but I dont mind what I play on anyway, my group had the world's smallest 4:3 monitor to play on, and I never notice lag.

I think myself and chunkis were the only two people who had a problem with the aspect ratio, but it's a very real concern for me personally. Some of the crazier air throws I pull off are pretty much impossible for me if I can't work out the angles on a jump in in split seconds type of thing.

i want a3 too, for free ofcourse cause i made em :)
    whens next inferno ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I think myself and chunkis were the only two people who had a problem with the aspect ratio, but it's a very real concern for me personally. Some of the crazier air throws I pull off are pretty much impossible for me if I can't work out the angles on a jump in in split seconds type of thing.

Of course, if it's a problem for other players I have no problems making adjustments, I didnt mind waiting for our match, considering I myself requested an Xbox anyway.

I'm assuming this new monitor will be payed for by the "community funds"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    i want a3 too, for free ofcourse cause i made em :)
    whens next inferno ?

don't think anyone would have a problem with you taking one of the ones we use after the event is done

first saturday of the month as usual I presume

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sounds good Orim, I'm up for all of that. Maybe 1 A2 one as well for just outside the venue? My Uncle is in printing, if you want to tell me what you'd like I can get a quote for you.

What if we got a load of general posters printed? Not advertising a particular inferno, but more to advertise that inferno exists. We could just put the venue on it and that its on the 1st sat of the month and for further info go to sf.ie
    We could use these over a good length of time.

That makes a lot of sense to me. I thought about this before.

The only issue is that a lot of the posters we would use we might not get back but it certainly mean that we could order more and go for a bigger bulk so get them cheaper.

On the otherhand I do like the idea of different posters for each event. We could do a mix of the two?

I just realised I'm missing my PS1 disc for Tekken 3 since Inferno 11.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I have a spare MIKE ROSS BELIEVE Poster if you need it for the next inferno :)

Ordered two PS3 VGA cables. Also getting some printer quotes. Presume I'll hear back tomorrow.

Also, I found that I have an extra copy of Super. Is anyone missing a 360 copy? I think it may have been brought in a Fable 2 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

18.5 is small, would we not be better off waiting to get a 20+ or a small high spec HD TV?

• Advertisement

HDTVs are worse for lag.
    Monitors only.

Advertisement