Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 Feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Looks like Reads is the place for printing.

Prices are :
    A3 Colour
    Single sided on 100gsm
    Qty: 5 - €4.75 incl vat
    20 - €19.00 incl vat
    50 - €47.50 incl vat

A4 Colour
    Single sided on 100gsm
    Qty: 20 - €14.00 incl vat
    50 - €35.00 incl vat
    100 - €50.00 incl vat

Alternatively if we want better paper then we have europrint :

5 of A3 printed full colour one side on 250gsm silk @ €7.50 + VAT @ 21%
    20 of A3 printed full colour one side on 250gsm silk @ €30.00 + VAT @ 21%
    50 of A3 printed full colour one side on 250gsm silk @ €60.00 + VAT @ 21%

20 of A4 printed full colour one side on 250gsm silk @ €20.00 + VAT @ 21%
    50 of A4 printed full colour one side on 250gsm silk @ €40.00 + VAT @ 21%
    100 of A4 printed full colour one side on 250gsm silk @ €80.00 + VAT @ 21%

Would the extra cost be worth it for improved paper? Or am I reading that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

YO!

Reads is good value for printing. There is another place called Aungier print just off O'Connel street that is really good too.

If i remember correctly we used to get all our posters done in Reads but then switched to Aungier as they beat reads price. Email them for a quote too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Well I was actually talking about the spectator display. I was getting the impression the the purchasing of displays would eventually lead to all set ups coming from this way rather that relying on individuals bringing monitors as like now.

I'm a big believer in tech in spending more now, than more later.
    Also If the display was bigger, wouldn't that eliminate the need for a splitter and second screen anyway?

Anywho, I've made my point, I'll let others speak.

Well I was actually talking about the spectator display. I was getting the impression the the purchasing of displays would eventually lead to all set ups coming from this way rather that relying on individuals bringing monitors as like now.

I'm a big believer in tech in spending more now, than more later.
    Also If the display was bigger, wouldn't that eliminate the need for a splitter and second screen anyway?

Anywho, I've made my point, I'll let others speak.

All player set ups will eventually be purchased as these are where we need the precision.

Spectator set can be brought in as it doesn't having any bearing on gameplay and may be switched to a projector anyway.

A big part of the atmosphere that built up at the last Inferno was due to the spectator screen. We could not generate that kind of atmosphere with people standing behind the players watching the screen that they are playing on.

As I said earlier BenQ are quality. I have a BenQ monitor that I bought about 6 years and it's still going strong. It was representing at Inferno and I didn't hear any complaints. It's not the same but it is an indicator.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

animaX wrote: »
    I just want to put it out there that anything the size of Dark Onions monitor is unacceptably small in my view. Maybe he can tell us what size that is.

Nothing's ever good enough for you Terry, is it? :P

I'm not at home at the moment so I can't check on the size, but yeah it is too small. I'll check it when I get back.

• Advertisement

I may be taking a break for a while. I don't know what's happening but I'm in no kind of organising **** position. I'll let you guys know how it pans it.

As it is the printing needs to be done. Get a proper PDF off farz and send off to info@reads.ie

The PS3 cables are on the way. I'll drop them in to someone when they get here.

I haven't ordered a monitor.

I also haven't booked Space 54. I have been in contact with Exchange in temple bar. It's a little akward to get to but it looks like we may be able to per person rather than a set fee. I'll see what they say. They also have a PA system we could use, which would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Hey Guys,
    im going svb then im back for 4 days then im off to spain, and i will not be back for 2 weeks, so i think i will miss inferno

do we need a new poster here?
    also what details do we wants on it, is it the generic poster?

what size a2?

thanks

Heard back from Exchange. They are willing to do a split on the costs rather than a set fee. Looks like it's going to be €3 out of every €5 to rent.

As I said it's a little awkward to get to. Here's a map with directions from XGC.
    http://bit.ly/cjjLdq

There's no parking unfortunately and I don't know if there's reasonably priced parking anywhere nearby.

I'm going to try and get in to have a look over the next day or two but I want to hear any and all objections asap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

By car it's akward, on foot it's turn off Capel St at the the Check Inn.

I can't bring a tv anyway but it might be a arsular pain for those who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah, for those who are bringing screens and stuff, it'll be a pain. Closest carpark is probably Jervis or Fleet st, which is a bit of a trek.

What date are you looking to set for the next Inferno? and how much notice do you need to give to space54 to book it if this place isn't suitable?

• Advertisement

Next Inferno is the 4th of September.

I brought my stuff on the bus last time. IIRC a lot of the screens we had last time were brought by people not in cars. Space 54 is close to the Luas though which may have helped.

Chopper has said he won't make it as Electric Pinic is on that weekend. That means we are two screens down. I'm all over the place and may not be there so that would 4 screens down from last month.

At this stage I'm thinking that a return to XGC might be on the cards. Makes Inferno 12 easy to sort and gives us some time to sort out monitors and some posters for Inferno 13.

EDIT : Space 54 would depend on bookings. They don't seem to have a massive amount of bookings early so we should be okay. However the cost is prohibitive and we can't afford to have too many there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

there is plenty of parking on Cook St which is close by on the far side of the Dublin City Council buildings though I wouldn't want to be walking in that area with and expensive electronics as it's full of junkies etc. Alternatively there's on street pay parking on fishamble street which is closer to Exchange though I don't know what it does be like on a Saturday.

I don't fancy Inferno on 4 monitors. I think XGC just to remind us how much better we'll have it next time.

Who wants to run inferno if Dan doesn't show up? I'm not that good at thsi kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I can bring a monitor.

Space 54 is closing down at the end of the month apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

That's crap, is there other places being looked into?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jim wrote: »
    Space 54 is closing down at the end of the month apparently.

That is monumentally shíte if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Its true apparently, people on Space 54's facebook are talking about it as well.

Pretty shite alright but I still intend to be at the next Inferno, regardless of where its being held, I just hope a suitable alternative venue can be found.

There's a similar place called "Exchange" in Temple Bar. I emailed them about the evo qualifiers a few months ago but they never got back to me.

Orim wrote: »
    Heard back from Exchange. They are willing to do a split on the costs rather than a set fee. Looks like it's going to be €3 out of every €5 to rent.

As I said it's a little awkward to get to. Here's a map with directions from XGC.
    http://bit.ly/cjjLdq

There's no parking unfortunately and I don't know if there's reasonably priced parking anywhere nearby.

I'm going to try and get in to have a look over the next day or two but I want to hear any and all objections asap.

Easier than typing.

• Advertisement

Lets make a decision to do the next one in XGC, shall we.

Anyone object?

Is anyone manning up to run it seeing as chopper and Dan can't attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

To whoever does run it, we will give you everything you need.

It's fairly easy to run the comps, sure even Jim managed it!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Why not just put it back one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Azza wrote: »
    Why not just put it back one week?

It would be nice to keep the consistency of "first saturday of every month".

animaX wrote: »
    It would be nice to keep the consistency of "first saturday of every month".

Is that more important than having people who know what they are doing running it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is that more important than having people who know what they are doing running it?
    Yes.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yes.

Why?

There's no promo work done for this yet, no thread with the date on it, nothing on sf.ie. Is there any logical reason why just this once we make this small change so 2 important people can attend?

It's not like they're 2 random players, they're the guys that run the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think "Consistency of dating structure" takes a massive backseat to "A well run event" every time.

Plus I could come if it's put back a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Aye I think we should try to keep to the first Sat of month. Does anyone want to volunteer to do it? It cant be that hard right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well its not easy either.
    im also away till the 5th sept.

Advertisement