Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 11 Feedback

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Im away on the 4th as well, otherwise would put my hand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I should be there. I'll certainly start work on it tonight.

I think that the consistenacy of the event is vital. I think it's important that we are able to say first saturday of every month for the foreseeable future Inferno is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Orim wrote: »
    I should be there. I'll certainly start work on it tonight.

I think that the consistenacy of the event is vital. I think it's important that we are able to say first saturday of every month for the foreseeable future Inferno is on.

not really. Its an unofficial group organised event for group members.
    While consistency is nice to have and appears more organised, it hardly vital and off-putting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I too do not get why it is so sacrosant.

I mean, it's a good thing. But it's not worth sacrificing other good things for.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

If inferno was every 6 weeks or so it would be much easier to plan for. It would also be more of an event and more people would show up.

It's been a bit of a shame that there's been so many no-shows recently(myself included).

I think these issues would be resolved by more generous spacing of the event.

Just my two cents...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ken B wrote: »
    If inferno was every 6 weeks or so it would be much easier to plan for. It would also be more of an event and more people would show up.

It's been a bit of a shame that there's been so many no-shows recently(myself included).

Just my two cents...

But what will Cobelcog do without his monthly paycheck?

:pac:

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ken B wrote: »

Just my two cents...

We asked about this a few months ago, before we decided to go monthly and the majority said they'd prefer it to be monthly.

I too do not get why it is so sacrosant.

I mean, it's a good thing. But it's not worth sacrificing other good things for.

Time off requests for one. I was working shifts and will be working shifts and it's a lot easier to request a day off when you can give as much notice as possible.

I don't know if anyone does it, or if it affects it but it may make travel cheaper, assuming the more you book in advance the cheaper the train is. I can't remember if this actually affects train fare though.

Finally it makes organising things easier as it's a definete.

Time off requests for one. I was working shifts and will be working shifts and it's a lot easier to request a day off when you can give as much notice as possible.

I don't know if anyone does it, or if it affects it but it may make travel cheaper, assuming the more you book in advance the cheaper the train is. I can't remember if this actually affects train fare though.

Finally it makes organising things easier as it's a definete.

Fair enough. All I wanted to hear was why, people need to learn to explain themselves proper loike :D

In this specific case, would moving it back make it hard for you?

Fair enough. All I wanted to hear was why, people need to learn to explain themselves proper loike :D

In this specific case, would moving it back make it hard for you?

In this specific case. No. Although I would prefer it to be on the 4th since I am free.

However it opens a can of worms. Does the new date become the second of weekend? Or do we go back to it being on the first of the month and have 3 weeks between XII and XIII?

Another issue with not having a consistent date is block booking for a venue. As it is I could book a venue for four months. The first weekend of every month. If we start changing it again then that can't be done and we risk missing out on possible discounts or just plain missing out on the venue altogether.

• Advertisement

In this specific case. No. Although I would prefer it to be on the 4th since I am free.

However it opens a can of worms. Does the new date become the second of weekend? Or do we go back to it being on the first of the month and have 3 weeks between XII and XIII?

Another issue with not having a consistent date is block booking for a venue. As it is I could book a venue for four months. The first weekend of every month. If we start changing it again then that can't be done and we risk missing out on possible discounts or just plain missing out on the venue altogether.

See you kinda said earlier you prob would not be free on the fourth.

You're making things way more complicated than they need be though. Why does there need to be a can of worms? This one time if you needed to, move the event. After that, same business as usual. So what if just once there's only 3 weeks between Infernos? Are we missing on any discounts in reality because this is likely going to be held in XGC on what you said earlier?

Don't sweat the small stuff man. Being dynamic and flexible is a good thing and will reduce stress. :D

Personally I can't attend on the 11th anyway, I was going to take that hit for the team, so I'll be more than happy to have it on the 4th.

See you kinda said earlier you prob would not be free on the fourth.

You're making things way more complicated than they need be though. Why does there need to be a can of worms? This one time if you needed to, move the event. After that, same business as usual. So what if just once there's only 3 weeks between Infernos? Are we missing on any discounts in reality because this is likely going to be held in XGC on what you said earlier?

Don't sweat the small stuff man. Being dynamic and flexible is a good thing and will reduce stress. :D

Personally I can't attend on the 11th anyway, I was going to take that hit for the team, so I'll be more than happy to have it on the 4th.

I just worry about this stuff. I am a worry wart and I'm really trying to look at everything in a future, moving down the line context.

Yeah it's been a bad week and I'm just a little all over the place. I'll be grand for Inferno now.

I just worry about this stuff. I am a worry wart and I'm really trying to look at everything in a future, moving down the line context.

Yeah it's been a bad week and I'm just a little all over the place. I'll be grand for Inferno now.

Well thats cool then, crisis averted.

If you need any help you know where I am (I was actually just trying to help!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Its not svb, no one is booking flights in advance or taking time[dayS] off work.
    Already 3 people have notified that the date doesnt suit.
    Isnt it electric picnic week aswell?

since we are so strict on rules, what is the set amount of absentees that would make the date of the tournament change?
    hypothetically speaking say 8 definite fail to make it and notify in advance ?

its just a casual tournament, a set date is great for reasons mentioned above but i really dont think if we change the date once or twice a year to get more attendees will harm anything.
    The booking is a valid argument but we dont have anything at the moment but XGC

People do have to take time off work Farz. Not everyone works Monday to Friday.

I know Red had to try get the day off for the last Inferno and I think ended up getting a later shift instead.

Apparently I can get a discount on Dell. So I've done some looking and I've found some cheap 20" monitors.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1&sku=299544

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1&sku=213281

Need to do some research but hopefully one of them will be lag free and will be the answer to our problems.

I've been to exchange and it looks good and the guys are cool. I've cancelled the current booking. Unfortunately they are booked for early October so we would only be able to get in the 16th. Thinking about this could we wait two tournaments to get set up there? Do we want to look for somewhere else? Space 54 again?
    Placebo wrote: »
    Its not svb, no one is booking flights in advance or taking time[dayS] off work.
    Already 3 people have notified that the date doesnt suit.
    Isnt it electric picnic week aswell?

since we are so strict on rules, what is the set amount of absentees that would make the date of the tournament change?
    hypothetically speaking say 8 definite fail to make it and notify in advance ?

its just a casual tournament, a set date is great for reasons mentioned above but i really dont think if we change the date once or twice a year to get more attendees will harm anything.
    The booking is a valid argument but we dont have anything at the moment but XGC

I've taken time off for tournaments and I've missed tournaments because I couldn't get the time off.

At the moment I wouldn't cancel a tournament or change the date. As I said above I think it's important to have a set schedule and keep with it. I especially think it's important to stick with it as we try and sort out the venue.

However everything I look at is for improving our facilities and working towards making things as professional as possible. If people just want it to be a casual tournament then we may as well just go back to the way things were for the earlier tournaments.

Space 54 is closing at the end of the month Dan.

Looks like we had our one and only awesome tournament there.

Shame on all who missed it ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Space 54 is closing at the end of the month Dan.

Looks like we had our one and only awesome tournament there.

Shame on all who missed it ;)

Damn right! It was far and away the best inferno yet. Not least because it was only an inferno in name!

Advertisement