Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone move for meteor to 3(ready to go)

Options
  • 08-08-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

hi everyone i have been a meteor ready to go customer for a few years now but i have been looking around to see what other value networks are offering and i came across 3 that are giving free weekend calls free any time texts and unlimited mobile internet surfing for €20 per month

meteor are giving either free unlimited any network text or free unlimited meteor to meteor calls and texts for the €20 per month

my questions is would it be worth changing to 3 for the €20 a month offer is anyone on the €20 per month 3 offer and how are they getting on
    and finally has anyone moved form meteor to 3 and are they getting a better deal

why i am asking all the question is because i had 3 mobile broadband and they took the piss and i had to get rid of it and its just to get other peoples opinion on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

But when you port your number they'll give you €5 and when you top up by the €20 they'll also give you €5 free every 30 days for 10 months. Thus you can almost say it's free cause the money used to buy it was free and yes I know you can't use that €5 to buy add ons but if it comes out if your €20 you'll still have €20 credit left.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

yes your right but what do this mean

€20 top-up or greater in one go required. Unlimited text and weekend talk are subject to fair usage of 3,000 texts and minutes per 30 day period. ROI to ROI only. Weekend commences at 12.01AM Saturday and end at 12.01AM Monday. *Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 250 MB per 30 day period and subject to €5 internet add-on being purchased out of €20 top-up

do this mean the deal is €20 per month for free anytime text and free weekend calls and are subject to fair usage of 3,000 texts and minutes per 30 day period and Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 250 MB per 30 day period and if you go over any of these so called unlimited cut off points you will be charged the extra or is it you pay €25 per month and if you dont go over the unlimited cut off points you will be refunded the extra €5 giving you the €20 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I moved from Meteor to 3.

When you top up by €20 and you get Free Texts to any network and Free Calls on the weekends automatically.

You then go online and buy an add on package which costs €5. I bought the internet one which gets you 250mb for the month.

So, you have €15 euro credit, 250mb of internet, Free Texts and Free Calls on Weekends.

Awesome.

im...LOST wrote: »

When you top up by €20 and you get Free Texts to any network and Free Calls on the weekends automatically.

You then go online and buy an add on package which costs €5. I bought the internet one which gets you 250mb for the month.

So, you have €15 euro credit, 250mb of internet, Free Texts and Free Calls on Weekends.

Awesome.

good to hear someone moved form meteor to 3 and are getting on well and getting that sort of deal its a bit hard to not give it a try so i have ordered the sim pack off the 3 website and it should be here in a few days and it looks like 3 are giving a better deal than meteor is giving for the €20 a month
    thanks for all your replys

• Advertisement

i have a few euro credit left with meteor so i am not in a mad hurry for it so if it dont come by next weekend i will go into the 3 store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

they take 10-15 days for sim to arrive.

they charge €5 for a prepaid sim in store, and it comes with €0.30 credit on it.

i bought one in store and put the sim in a 3g phone and set it to 2g/3g auto mode.

just got the sim to test calling and signal.

i called three on 1913 and was talking with a rep, in full 3g signal, suddenly the call was dropped, and i noticed that it had changed to 2g mode, so looks like the handover from 3g to 2g dropped the call.

also tried a test call one night, around 1am, and got the message " call can not be completed" tried a few different calls and got the same message.

i notice the phone randomly flicks back between the 2g network and 3g network...

think i will give three a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Moved a few weeks ago and have to say i'm pretty happy so far. Porting over my number took nearly 2 days, the customer service aint the best. But the free texts are dead handy, free weekend minutes are great and i've been using the internet on my phone every day, including stremaing a lot of radio and i'm barely halfway through my 250mb.

3G coverage keeps dropping for me but I think thats more of an iPhone issue here. Anyway, I'd heartily recommend 3!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

im...LOST wrote: »

Awesome.

I did the same and I still have 7euro credit on my sim after 3 weeks ive used 1500 txt and 700 weekend mins its great internet is far better than meteor and you can buy phones that are not on the irish market and get full settings :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I've always found Meteor very good for pretty much everything, however, you guys are beginning to convince me to me to 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I asked same questions on older thread about this plan.

How are you getting on with this plan? Do you get the free weekend minutes for life? or just till Nov? I'm on Meteor but considering moving due to the free calls on top of the free texts.

And another question, what about when the 30 days are up? With meteor, I just use up rest of credit and then top up. Sometimes that may be a week or two after the 30 days. But automatically get the free texts again. Is it the same with three?

Cheers

just an update went into the local 3 shop and move to 3 from meteor today
    porting my number was done in less than 1 hour i have full 3g reception with 3 every where in my house where as i could only barely get reception in one or two places with meteor so i am pretty happy with 3 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

@Munsterbear yes once you top up you will automatically get the free calls and texts

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Has anuone used the skype to skype calls on 3?? Would that take up your free internet content.. I asked in the shop but your man didnt really seem to know what he was on about lol And also if you use wifi on your phone will that effect your internet add on???

Advertisement