Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good recommendations for a hearthy carvery meal around Kildare area?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Haven`t been out for one in ages and don`t really know of any myself locally(Milltown/Rathangan/Newbridge/Kilcullen/Naas).
    I can smell the beef already :D
    Quality and value please;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Silken Thomas in Kildare town or Swifts in Newbridge are the two best i can recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks for those,i have heard of Silken Thomas before and Swifts but never been.
    Will get to them in the coming weeks then;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

The Hangedman's does a good Sunday menu at a reasonable price, but no carvery unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Eni1984

There is a little but pretty French restaurand in Newbridge called L'Olivier. Food is fantastic and the atmosphere is great. It's at Main Street just opposite of Pennys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lube5150

Give tenners a go in naas,near the fairgreen,good food,and guess what,all the main courses are a tenner,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

lube5150 wrote: »
    Give tenners a go in naas,near the fairgreen,good food,and guess what,all the main courses are a tenner,

Its not a carvery though.

In Naas, the Ivy are still throtting it out like yesteryear.:D I was in there last Monday for a coffee and it looked nice. Seriously.

You can't beat a cavery. I want this, not that, can I have an extra slice of that. Unbeatable!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Looking for a carvery venue guys.

I seen L`Oliver before,looks like a great place and i`m 10 mins from The Hanged Mans which i know does good food,but i`m after a good olde carvery,throw on the crispy bits,extra gravy on the side and a good dollop of horesradish!
    :)

Advertisement