Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worn neoprene/Patching a suit

Options
  • 08-08-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I have an old Gul suit that has small areas of worn neoprene in the kneecap areas. I'm afraid it will lead to a tear in the suit and wondered what the best method would be to patch/reinforce the worn areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Surrender wrote: »
    I have an old Gul suit that has small areas of worn neoprene in the kneecap areas. I'm afraid it will lead to a tear in the suit and wondered what the best method would be to patch/reinforce the worn areas?
    http://store.magicseaweed.com/Iron-Mend-Repair-Kit/Item/909/

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Thanks spacehopper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'd be interested to hear opinions on this stuff. I have 2 wetsuits with worn out knees that need repairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear opinions on this stuff. I have 2 wetsuits with worn out knees that need repairing.

It's a very tin patch, if got it to fix a suit that I ended up stitching with dental floss and blackwitch as I need the suit, but for simple tears... it's be the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Thanks for the info folks. I ended up skipping on the iron mend as it was v. thin. I got some pieces of neoprene out of a shop and basically patched them to the interior of the suit at the kneecap area. I used dental floss and black witch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement