Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dicey Reillys

• 08-08-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Had'nt been in this place in a year and was heading out to meet a few friends there last night now I know why I dont trapse all the way down there. The place is unreal arrived there at 9.30 with a cover charge of a fiver ok in the door but when I went up to get drinks I was shocked I got a vodka, soda water and dash of lime for €9.20 like WTF :eek: and hubbys pint of €6 crazy. I guess from the country I'm used to the barman handing me the cordial and helping myself for free not charging €1.20 for someone else to pour it for me behind the bar. I can see why some people sneek in the naggins.
    Also there was about 20 security guards crawling around the place whats with that?? sorry but is the place that bad needs to have rude guys in high-vis jackets at at corners watching your move.
    Naturally enough the wallet was lighter after 3 drinks and we all left and hotfooted it down to Camden St for a bit of normality. It was like being back in Celtic Tiger Ireland with the high prices and perma tanned teenage skinnies I felt everyone was 20 around me. Its a nice place ie beer garden etc but honestly if youre looking for a budget night, birthday or to get tipsy would not reccomend I would defo not have a birthday here or night out cover charge, come on sure they are making a mint inside on the drink prices plenty of pubs that dont charge and do resonably priced food platters for birthdays. Learned my lesson to drink pints of tap water there again :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mon - Thurs that place does €2-€3 pints/bottles/some shots.

Avoid at the weekend tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I only go there on the offer nights and always wondered how they could do it. A pint of paulaner for €2, when 500ml bottles are ~€2.80 in offies, its one place I would try and stash drink OUT of. Also have food like burgers, hotdogs, curry chips for €2 a pop on those nights.

Advertisement