Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Tattoo Cover-Up

Options
  • 08-08-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys

First time posting in the tattoo & piercing section.

I have a quick question about temporary tattoo cover-ups. I know it's a long way off yet but I am getting married next May and I need to cover up a tattoo for the day. Unfortunately in my youth I was very silly and decided to get the initials of my ex-girlfriend on my wrist. I have had 6 laser sessions done but it's still there unfortunately. I haven't had a session done now in over a year but we bought a house recently and between paying the mortgage and saving for the wedding I don't think I can afford any further laser sessions between now and then.

I would like to be able to cover it up for the day as I don't think it would be fair on my partner.

People have suggested different types of make-up products but I was wondering what is the best. Obviously I don't want something that will run off very easily and all over the rental suit!!! Ideally I'd like something that I can apply and not have to worry about it running off 5 minutes later.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭billyhead

0141607 wrote: »
    Hi guys

First time posting in the tattoo & piercing section.

I have a quick question about temporary tattoo cover-ups. I know it's a long way off yet but I am getting married next May and I need to cover up a tattoo for the day. Unfortunately in my youth I was very silly and decided to get the initials of my ex-girlfriend on my wrist. I have had 6 laser sessions done but it's still there unfortunately. I haven't had a session done now in over a year but we bought a house recently and between paying the mortgage and saving for the wedding I don't think I can afford any further laser sessions between now and then.

I would like to be able to cover it up for the day as I don't think it would be fair on my partner.

People have suggested different types of make-up products but I was wondering what is the best. Obviously I don't want something that will run off very easily and all over the rental suit!!! Ideally I'd like something that I can apply and not have to worry about it running off 5 minutes later.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sorry for opening an old thread but I was wondering if this can be done. I would prefer not to go near any make up and was wondering if these are available for purchase in Ireland

http://www.hideink.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have no idea if they're available in Ireland, but you could try ebay and do a google search to see if any companies ship to Ireland?

Alternatively, although you don't want to use make up, you could use Dermablend and set it with Dermablend powder. You can get Dermablend in a lot of Boots stores.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I have no idea if they're available in Ireland, but you could try ebay and do a google search to see if any companies ship to Ireland?

Alternatively, although you don't want to use make up, you could use Dermablend and set it with Dermablend powder. You can get Dermablend in a lot of Boots stores.

Would dermablend hide it completely. I am getting laser sessions to remove it but its going to take a while and in the meantime I would like to covr it somehow when I wear short sleeve shirts. Its on my upper arm but a small part of it is visible in short sleeve shirts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

billyhead wrote: »
    Would dermablend hide it completely. I am getting laser sessions to remove it but its going to take a while and in the meantime I would like to covr it somehow when I wear short sleeve shirts. Its on my upper arm but a small part of it is visible in short sleeve shirts

It should do.

I'm sure I saw a tutorial somewhere on Youtube for covering tattoos with less expensive make up (dermablend is pricey enough), I'll have a look later to see if I can find it.

If you're having it lasered, it should be easy enough to cover if it's partly faded already. Just don't use any cosmetic products like Dermablend on it while it's still raw from the lasering!

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement