Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M1 Toll Bridge late at night

• 08-08-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

So normally I am never going to or coming back from Dublin after midnight but I was last night.

Imagine my surprise that as we approached the toll bridge to see each booth that was open (1 northbound & 2 southbound) having an attractive young lady standing there.

I just found it so surprising - was not shocked just surprised.

It kept us awake for the rest of the journey as we could not work out the logistics - if said lady takes a lift northbound how does she get back to the toll booth etc.:)

Last night cannot be the first time they were there?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Well i was comming back from the airport at 3 last night and i seen nout. Maybe i wasnt looking hard enough...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

It was 12.30am or so when we went through.

What got me was how obvious it was. The toll booth operators obviously knew what going on - which could beg a question or two.

Also the toll booth is not exactly an easy place to get too on foot. The toll booth is technically private property so a person standing in front of the booth could be moved on if the operators wanted this.

I take it you've never seen this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Ive heard about it in England, but thats a first here. Doesnt suprise me though.

In wonder how the toll operators are not calling the Gardi as im sure this is a serious H&S issue, both the toll company and the "Clients"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

At first read, I was thinking big deal the booths have attractive operators but then the penny dropped :D

Joke is on who ever picks them up as I'm sure it's camera central there ;) Thats the time to call the Gardaí ;)

Calex - you are spot on.

All of these points were raised by the other half and myself on the way home.

There was also two ladies in the booth and both seemed to be in a good mood shall we say.

I'm just interested to know if anyone else has seen this.

• Advertisement

There's a way to increase the toll intake :p

Were the toll booth operators male or female ? <snip>

Discrete tip to the leader might be in order ;)

The operators going north were both female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

calex71 wrote: »
    Were the toll booth operators male or female ? <snip>
    Discrete tip to the leader might be in order ;)

Do you want to stand over that defamation of character or do you want to edit you comment? :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Do you want to stand over that defamation of character or do you want to edit you comment? :mad:

Back seat modding isn't permitted anywhere on boards. Feel free to report a post but leave the moderating to the mods.

• Advertisement

Pass this way regularly on my way from work late night early mornings. If I don't see the girls about I assume they are other wise occupied. Always wonder as above health and safety , how they get back etc etc though doesn't take much of an imagination to work out the how of that I guess ?

The biggest question for me though was why no police being called :confused: It's not as if they are in the bushes hiding they are there brazen as you like !

I didn't say anything that wasn't alluded to in post #3

Snipping for the best though, least we get boards.ie in trouble.

Pass this way regularly on my way from work late night early mornings. If I don't see the girls about I assume they are other wise occupied. Always wonder as above health and safety , how they get back etc etc though doesn't take much of an imagination to work out the how of that I guess ?

The biggest question for me though was why no police being called :confused: It's not as if they are in the bushes hiding they are there brazen as you like !

Good to know I'm not the only one to have seen this!

I wonder how long it would take for somone handing out leaflets to be forcibly removed from in front of the booths? Not very long is my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭positron

May be because the laws are outdated and is only serving the pimps and traffickers? I would think like to think they are enterprising individuals who have spotted a gap in the market and a new venue to advertise their business. :)

Safety of doing business in the middle of a motorway, or potentially distracted drivers etc is a concern though.

If one is to hypothesise - all toll roads have carparks for employees and offices which may or may not be staffed at night...

I have to say I've nothing against it - it's just on Saturday night it was late and I was tired and on approaching the toll bridge this was so unexpected it was shocking but in a funny way if you get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulete

I dont believe it, i was on boards looking for something when I came across this. I was driving to Drogheda on that night and I also saw a woman hanging around, I asked the women that worked there what the s tory was because I thought maybe she ran out of petrol. But she forgot her money as was waiting for her husband to ring her with credit card or to pick her up am not so sure which anymore. I think you saw what you wanted to see. I sure hope I dont meet you on the motorway, you might offer me money instead of ringing a recovery service for me.:eek:

paulete wrote: »
    I dont believe it, i was on boards looking for something when I came across this. I was driving to Drogheda on that night and I also saw a woman hanging around, I asked the women that worked there what the s tory was because I thought maybe she ran out of petrol. But she forgot her money as was waiting for her husband to ring her with credit card or to pick her up am not so sure which anymore. I think you saw what you wanted to see. I sure hope I dont meet you on the motorway, you might offer me money instead of ringing a recovery service for me.:eek:

Funny it seems to happen to her every night, and what are the odds the lady on the other side had the same happen to her ;)

As I mentioned I've seen them there regular, Mind you not in the last week or so.

There was 4 damsels in distress on the evening in question.

Anyway 1 post and this is it!?:confused::eek::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

paulete wrote: »

Considering that the one time I forgot my money they took my reg number and my licence details and simply sent me the bill and let me through I would say that they wouldn allow someone to hang around to pay the toll

• Advertisement
Advertisement