Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of an Architect

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Springsteen

seannash wrote: »
    Ive done this,ive given bigger than normal quotes to people i simply dont want to do the work for.If they accept it great,ill be compensated for having to deal with them again

Would you not be more of a man if you simply told the clients you'd rather end the relationship at this stage. Your lack of honesty and integrity speaks volumes.

S

Mod edit

Do not attack other posters like this please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I have worked with a multitude of architects.their price doesnt tell you whether they are good or not. worked with one who put in drawings for a house for my sis and only charged her 250 for putting them in for planning. They were simple drawings but had enough detail to work off. worked with another architect in Dublin who was getting 12.5% of the total build cost on a 2 mill house. he tried pushing his own suppliers for products that could be bought for less than 1/2 price elsewhere. he even asked us for a backhander. he turned up on site 5 times for that price.
    I have found that the best and most enthusiastic architects are in there mid thirties starting out in there own practice. a reasonable rate is from 1k through to 6 all depending on what your looking for.
    Remember however when an architect is drawing up an extension the re are a lot of times when they will end up having to draw up the whole house.
    There my thoughts and i'm not trying to piss off any architects in this forum.

Advertisement