Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuge collection in Carlow

Options
  • 08-08-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I would like to know the other companies that do bin collection in Carlow. I was with Ray Whelan, but my house was unoccupied for four months and they want me to back pay these 4 months even though I never had a bin collected in that time. Can anyone recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    aes do a collection but it is only every two weeks with the recycling collection and food waste on the other weeks and you must pay by direct debit and pay for three months in advance afaik, they also work out dearer than whelans when you cost it per collection/per lift.

give whelans a ring and ask to speak to the man himself and you may be able to come to some arrangement on the 4 months outstanding and in future if you let them know you will be away thay can usually cancel/suspend your account for that time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If you're a low volume user who doesn't fill a bin every week you may consider switching over to their bin tag or bag tag. You only pay each time the bin is collected so it could work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

think AES have this too but whelans you buy one tag for about €15, you must still buy one tag per month but you can use them in any month.

Advertisement