Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigo Festival

Options
  • 08-08-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Just heard they canceled the Indigo festival can anyone confirm this :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 !Pablo Fanquez!

Was this the gig in Fenagh? It's on it's last day today...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

thats it pablo i heard aswad canceled and a few others just wanted to know if it was true

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah Danny it was cancelled yesterday evening. No interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I heard that too. Someone was saying it went bankrupt? =S Anyone know about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

perhaps next time they will sell tickets at a reasonable price and get some acts that people actually know and want to see.
    Personally I've only ever heard of Alabama 3 and Cleere, the rest are completely unknown to me.

I can't remember the exact price of the tickets now but I think the cheapest ones were in the region of €75. Who wants to pay that much to see bands that they've never heard of?

Not me!

EDIT: I just checked, "Day tickets starting from €50"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah i was at it yesterday and there was a very bad feeling among some of the act and in particular the food stands.

One act was claiming he did not get paid after doing his gig and was really pissed off kickin over a few bins and stuff

and the food people were annoyed cause they had to be set up by 5pm thurs and said they paid good money for the pitch.

I personnally feel it's a great shame could of been brilliant every year if a success and will be hard to get acts back if not gettin paid like that fella claimed

As was stated though the headliners were muck and the price's and advertising a bigger joke

ShayK1 wrote: »
    perhaps next time they will sell tickets at a reasonable price and get some acts that people actually know and want to see.
    Personally I've only ever heard of Alabama 3 and Cleere, the rest are completely unknown to me.

well said Shay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Had a friend who worked security at it Friday. He reckoned there was around 200 people at it and also said that some of the acts were pissed off at the lack of a crowd and non payment. They were clearing the site at 7pm Saturday, not sure if everyone was gone at that stage but the security was finishing as soon as they had it cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

There were rumours that the guys who put up the stage had not been paid so they took it down. Also €5 for glass of beer, eh no thanks lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

at least they tried ..... though paying bands at a festivial is a bit of a new idea if you ask me (outside of headliners) and it was a bit pricey. Obviously wasnt very well organised and they bit off more than they could chew with a 3 day event .. but still, at least they had the balls to get off their arses and try to do something in a social/musical sense. very easy to slag it off once it's failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

maccored wrote: »
    at least they tried ..... though paying bands at a festivial is a bit of a new idea if you ask me (outside of headliners) and it was a bit pricey. Obviously wasnt very well organised and they bit off more than they could chew with a 3 day event .. but still, at least they had the balls to get off their arses and try to do something in a social/musical sense. very easy to slag it off once it's failed.

To be fair I slagged it off before it even started :P:P

when electric picnic started it was the same look at it now going from strength to strength so i hope they dont knock it on the head just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It was/is a good idea but they could have actually done some advertising, and i mean national advertising. Not half a page in the Nationalist. The road signs they had up were pathetic. You had to pull up beside them to see what they said.

Look it they knew by last tue/wed that this was a non-runner!!

They would have been better to cancel and make up some half decent excuse as to why it was cancelled instead of making themselves look completely unprofessional.

To be honest i dont accept the point of at least they tried either......

Carlow currently has one festival that brings people to the county and that Eigse. The organisers having tried and making a balls of it means that there is feck all chance of this working again and as I said previously bands, traders and festival goer's will be very slow to go to something like this again

Loads of cars down from the north (:confused:) and even if they get reimbursed for the ticket their is still the cost of fuel and festival supplies that wont be recouped

At least they tried really does not cut it with me

Rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 billfiddle

ja, was a real bummer travelling up from sligo to play on saturday afternoon...they must have known by then that the festival was a no-go...yet we played, and after that were told there was no money to pay us...whatever about playing for free, but overnighting and travel expenses? nada nada...however, for those who don't know, many of us stayed saturday evening and played/jammed with each other...shared food and booze and had a cool time together...
    last point: if they KNEW in advance they could not honour their agreement they should have told us before letting us drive down so long and so far for nothing....
    http://www.bill-stewart.org.uk
    http://www.myspace.com/billfiddle
    http://www.gitaneswing.com
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tangy_Cheese

hey just clear this up for anyone still wondering. i was a stage builder at the festival. organizer didn't pay ANYONE. stage, food, toilet, back line. so the security walked off the site after the first day and with no security no festival. for the record i'm STILL owed about 2 grand for working 12 days of 14 hour days.

Gog cant believe thats 3 years ago now!!! Terrible that you are still waiting for this money also. Do you think there is any chance of getting it?

Shame that it fell on it's snot would of been nice to have an annual music event like that on our door step

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Please don't drag up ancient threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement