Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot open links . .

• 08-08-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure when it started, but when I click on links from my outlook express the computer wont open them and prints a message :

The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems administrator.

Somebody suggested to me and I tried setting up an administrators account but it didnt make a differance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Drumpot wrote: »
    Not sure when it started, but when I click on links from my outlook express the computer wont open them and prints a message :

The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems administrator.

Somebody suggested to me and I tried setting up an administrators account but it didnt make a differance.

oh dear.. I was posting about this yesterday or day before on another thread here.. do you by any chance have google chrome browser installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

corkcomp wrote: »
    oh dear.. I was posting about this yesterday or day before on another thread here.. do you by any chance have google chrome browser installed?

Good question . .

I think I installed it some time ago (by mistake, never wanted it) and uninstalled it . .

Good question . .

I think I installed it some time ago (by mistake, never wanted it) and uninstalled it . .

yeah sounds familiar.. make sure it is completely uninstalled - gone from add / remove programs menu and re install IE8 from MS website and reboot.. that should fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

corkcomp wrote: »
    yeah sounds familiar.. make sure it is completely uninstalled - gone from add / remove programs menu and re install IE8 from MS website and reboot.. that should fix it

Cheers Will do . .

Sounds like a silly question but should I uninstall IE8 and reinstall it ?

Cheers Will do . .

Sounds like a silly question but should I uninstall IE8 and reinstall it ?

no need just do full install but chose reinstall option if the setup gui asks you..

• Advertisement
Advertisement