Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield original . .

Options
  • 08-08-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there any news on whether or not they will be considering bringing out another web only version of Battlefield ? I dont like the newer, modern games, but loved the original one set on those three Japanese Islands (still play it) .

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moved, might get an answer here.
    F1ngers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any news on whether or not they will be considering bringing out another web only version of Battlefield ? I dont like the newer, modern games, but loved the original one set on those three Japanese Islands (still play it) .

Cheers

The next release is BC2: Nam at around Christmas time, after that it's BF3 some time late next year most likely.

Also the original Battlefield wasn't web only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

What about Battlefield 1943 for the PC, any news?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

omerin wrote: »

Nothing yet, numerous release dates have come and gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers

I think the next web only version will be BC vietnam. There was some rumours that there would be more maps released for 1943 but they never happened. Pity as it was a good fun game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think the next web only version will be BC vietnam. There was some rumours that there would be more maps released for 1943 but they never happened. Pity as it was a good fun game.

I still play it.

Not really mad about the online newer war versions. .I enjoy the simplicity of the older wargames.

omerin wrote: »

I know for all those who are basking in the glory that is BF3 this may seem a side issue, but is there any update on the release of BF 1943 for the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Battlefield 1943 for the PC was cancelled in order for DICE to focus on BF3 : http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1147611p1.html

Shame

Advertisement