Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder Costs - per Hour

Options
  • 08-08-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi there - we are hoping to move our 9 yr old out of the creche this year - he has been there since he was a year and a half and is now had enough! Alot of the older kids have left and he doesn't want to be with the babies anymore! So we are thinking to get a childminder instead, preferably one who has their own kids too.
    Question - what is the hourly cost of a childminder in Dublin these days? Ideally, we would like our child brought to school in the morning so that would probably be an hour - by the time they get to our house, the school etc..considering traffic and then 4 hours in the afternoon. So in totaly 5 hours a day, so 25 hours per week.
    What should I expect to pay? At the moment, we pay €649 euros per month in the creche, should I expect to pay a childminder less or more?

Thanks a million in advance x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say €40-50 per day which would work out at up to €10 ph. Regardless of the time they spend in school, the childminders day is pretty much dictated by the school hours

Advertisement