Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Northbound in the mornings

Options
  • 08-08-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Looking for a job at the moment and trying to widen the search as far as possible. Anyone any idea about how bad traffic is in the mornings on the M50? Say between Sandyford and Tallaght exits or even further on to Blanchardstown (coming from Dun Laoghaire)? Obviously can't risk being late all the time and don't want to have to be leaving insanely early either. Hate the stress of bumper-to-bumper traffic also. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

PS: Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong forum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

In my limited experience, it is generally busy but free-flowing on the M50 in rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

I head north on the m50 every morning, passing by the blanch exit 9am ish. The M50 itself flows well, never had a problem in the last few months, but that exit for Blanchardstown looks awful. Roadworks mean its always really congested. I suppose it'll be much better whenever it is finally finished. Luckily it doesnt block the rest of the traffic continuing on north.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Dr. Dodger wrote: »
    Looking for a job at the moment and trying to widen the search as far as possible. Anyone any idea about how bad traffic is in the mornings on the M50? Say between Sandyford and Tallaght exits or even further on to Blanchardstown (coming from Dun Laoghaire)? Obviously can't risk being late all the time and don't want to have to be leaving insanely early either. Hate the stress of bumper-to-bumper traffic also. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

PS: Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong forum!

Yep, get a bike :) Only commute as far as Sandyford myself but traffic tends to move quite freely from Cherrywood up to there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Any stretch where the roadworks are finished is really fast and stress less. Up as far as Tallaght, at least, is foot down the whole way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Tallaght to Blanch about 15 minutes.
    5 minutes to get off at Blanch due to one lane but that is only for August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Traffic is not really an issue on the M50 now.

NTR will tell you it's because of their improved infrastructure, sadly, I think it's mainly due to not as many people going to work now.
    Even getting parking in Dublin is easier now compared with 2 or 3 years ago.

Advertisement